Positive Thinking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyes on u

Reaction score
Evening all, my story is I started living the dream in my own beauty room last week Wednesday. It's part of a unisex hair salon, situated in a ideal community setting. The salon is reasonably busy with a mixed age group of clients.

So what Ive initialy done is concentrate on the clients within the hair salon first. To do this I have professional advertising posters up in the salon, highlighting January special offers, as I believe this quite start 2 the month requires a special eye opener 2 encourage clients 2 book a treatment. Following this I have clear advertisement leading 2 my treatment room 2 make all aware of my presence, I have price lists in the hair salon n have offerd the hairdressers in the salon a free nail/toe polish for every 3 paying customers they reccomend and by giving them a leaflet. ( I felt this would encourage them 2 hand the leaflets out, rather than them gather dust)
I have also put a A board outside the salon, which is my instant advetising tool, as it's a hot pink color, blk txt n I fly 2 helium blk n pink balloons. Which have attracted alot of attention, as on my first day I had 3 unbooked customers 4 threading who were led in by the A board, plus the girls have told me they see public stopn n looking.

I have not yet advertised house 2 house as I want 2 befriend the salons customers first, then in february deal with the public advetising. Also as I have only started out I dnt want 2 blow myself out financialy straight away, so thought I'd target my easier option first, n spend some time in salon first showing my presence 2 hair salon customers.

Annnywayyy :-/ the thing is in my first wk I've had only 3 customers! It is disheartening! Although family etc say it wil pick up.. But will it? R the thoughts... I am trying positive lots of positive thinking, however if any 1 has any new ideas or advise PLEASE assist.

I know this Was long but wanted some good to come from the MSG for any 1 who is starting out, n needed advertising techniques.

Thank u in advance.

Nikki.

Have you utilised the web? Prioritise a website, google places, facebook, twitter, directories, google+. All of these will bring in new clients if optimised properly. Pm me if u need any help setting up x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Stay strong, but get posters in local shops too, u can't really expect the salon customers to sustain you. Get a marker pen, write on the baloons your name or a offer, maybe even put discount vouchers on a string attatched to helium baloons and let them go. Xoxo

Latest posts

Back