Possibly renting a chair, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanaabdn

Reaction score
Hello Ladies and Gents.

Recently i've gotten back into hairdressing, i'm passionate about it again and at the moment focusing on building my hair extensions and styling/blowdry clients.
(i want to do some refresher courses before coloring and cutting again)

i had a thought to rent a chair, only i would like to do it in a beauty salon that doesn't have a hairdresser. that way, you can come in and get your makeup/hair/nails done for a night out/wedding etc.

i was wondering how to approach this, i have had a look and haven't seen anywhere advertising. i did see somewhere a while ago and from looking at the page recently it doesn't seem that she got anyone.

ideally there would need to be a backwash so i could do blow drys too but not essential. i would only be looking to rent the chair on a Saturday and Friday say from 5pm (if they stay open slightly later) because I'm only doing it part time at the moment I'd like to possibly be able to go in on a Sunday too so i could still do extension fittings.

any advice on how to look for this/ask about it appreciated. or even if it's a good idea, as i said i've been out of the game a while and i don't really have anyone to ask.
i have asked a friend that is an mua and she thinks it's a great idea.

Hi how would you do blow dry without a back wash? X

Well i wouldn't offer them just styling, i'd use heated rollers to get the same effect

Would you just dampen the hair down ? I’m interested in this for my place but don’t have facilities at moment

I'd just use heated rollers on dry hair, could still do curls, pleats etc

Theres always the portable backwashes too

I'd just use heated rollers on dry hair, could still do curls, pleats etc

Theres always the portable backwashes too

I’ve always wanted to do this in my salon. I only have normal sink in kitchen though.

I’ve always wanted to do this in my salon. I only have normal sink in kitchen though.
Go for it! I'm sure there's someone nearby in the same position as me!

Latest posts

Back