Pregnant and a beauty therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coxy_123456

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need some advice, I am pregnant and I work full 8 hours a day, carry out treatments with 30 mins lunch break. Our most poplars treatment is massage on average I do 4-5hours a day this can be (6-10 back massage, and possible 3-full body massage)

I was wondering when I do a risk assessment with work what should this change to?? As surly this isn't safe??

Is this your first pregnancy?

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek mobile app

Have you told your employer you are pregnant? I think it depends completely on the individual. We have had many therapists working through their pregnancy. Most have cut down to about 3 or 4 massages at most from as soon as they said they were pregnant and have stayed at this level as long as they have been comfortable to do so. Then generally no massage or very little at all for the last month of work before they go on maternity leave.

If you are struggling I don't think you should wait for a risk assessment you should speak to your manager as they will then have to assess the situation and reduce your workload. If you worked for a massage only salon and could not do it and there were no other duties you could perform that would be different and you might have to reduce your hours but I am presuming the salon you are in offers other treatments as well??

This Is my first pregnancy, my employer knows I'm pregnant as well. It's more when they are back to back that's where I struggle as our room get very hot, and not being able to eat enough really.

Thanks for you help! :)

We do other treatments but it's massage that's the most popular

This Is my first pregnancy, my employer knows I'm pregnant as well. It's more when they are back to back that's where I struggle as our room get very hot, and not being able to eat enough really.

Thanks for you help! :)

Hi there,

I currently have an office job and do nails on evening and weekends until I can build enough clientele to leave.......

but my day job is in HR so I can give you a bit of advice! Once your employer knows you are pregnant, they should be doing a risk assessment every month to see how you're getting on. If you are struggling then PLEASE tell them as they have to do what they can to make suitable adjustments. Maybe you could do other treatments while someone else takes the massages?

Hope that helps! xxx

Latest posts

Back