Price per treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ella1991

Reaction score
Hi, i'm trying to put together a business plan for a mobile/home based nail business. In order to work out my pricing as well as looking at the 'going rate' locally i'd like to look at profit per treatment. I therefore need to work out the cost of each treatment. However as i'm new to all this I have no idea how many manicures I can get from a bottle of polish or how many pedicures a scrub will last etc. Can I ask how others work out profit and prices or do you just base on competitors price and hope it covers costs. Many thanks

Oh gosh. I think it would be next to near impossible to work it out. Every client is different. Some need more or less product than others. Some want varnish, some don't, some want French, etc, etc.

Some clients come in with varnish on that you need to take off which then involves remover and cotton wool, some have already taken it off themselves.

I look at the going rate for other mobile nail techs and base my prices around that.

I have sat & worked out price per treatment eg with a scrub look at an average usage - is it two teaspoons at 5 ml each? That's how you can work out price. Some suppliers (CND) will provide you with price per treatment for products.

Polish I'd struggle - depends how quickly it goes thick. I'd underestimate how much you'll get as it may go thick etc

Hmm perhaps you are right and i'm been too analytical. I just want to make sure i'm making money but I take on board that each client is going to have different needs. Also good point about the varnish going thick I doubt many bottler of polish get finished completely. Thanks for you help :)

Most professional companies will be able to provide you with an average service breakdown, with an average number of applications per product. I use Jessica and they provide me with a product cost for each of their services based on average use. I use this along with salon overheads per hour as a basis, tempered slightly by average local rates for similar service in similar business.

I don't think it's too analytical at all I think it's the best way to know your costs inside out tbh xx

Latest posts

Back