Problem with extensions with tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMalin

Reaction score
Hi guys! I have a problem with my extensions with tips. Going to call my educator tomorrow but want to see if you have any ideas.

Have three clients that in the last few weeks ALL nails fall off. 2 french and 1 natural, everyone has tips. I haven't had time to talk to all clients how the nails came off except one. The nails break at the free edge, you can see the crack. I did the nails again and made sure that i put more gel on the side. Nails looked great, nice c curve. I do have a problem with building the apex to high and the sides to thin and after that client I always work hard tomake sure its perfect. But after that i did the other two clients and their nails fall of.

One of these I did a repair on 2 weeks after her first visit when 2 had fallen of. Have her on monday so are going to talk more what happened with the nails after that then.
The other one i had 2 weeks ago and she booked a new appointment with the hairdresser today saying that all nails are gone :(

My cousins nails that i sculpted are 4 weeks old and look great! And she works in warehouse, opening boxes and everything with her hands. So it has to be a problem with my tipping.

Procedure. Brisa lite sculpt and clear tips are used

Cool blue
Cuticule away, thorough cuticule work with pusher and curette.
Spray with water and soap, dry hands and nails with towel.
Shape nails, try tips,
Apply gelbond on tip and nails, glue on tips and hold for 10sec*
Cut down length, shape, blend tips
Scrubfresh on natural nails only
Basecoat 10sec
Clear 2min, white 2min, pink 2min, clear if needed 2min
File nails **
Topcoat

* I sometimes have a problem with making tips with gelbond stuck, i press for 10sec and when i lift it moves. No airbubbles that i have seen. Never had that problem before i switched to gelbond.
** I have sometimes used a 100grit instead of a 180 because i'm still quite new with brisa lite and sometimes it goes wrong and then its faster with a 100. Says in my brisa manual that that the nails can break if using a lower grit than 180 and with to hard pressure.

So beaten down right now that it seems that i never extensions right :(

Sent from my GT-P5100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Are you washing your clients hands with the soap and water or are you washing your implements? You should just leave that step to the end after your client leaves. If your client is washing their hands during the services that is a nono it makes their nails moist, they should just use hand sanitizer. Maybe you need to try a different glue if it is not drying fast enough. I know I have used certain glues for tips and I threw them away because I didnt want to sit there for each finger a minute at a time holdin gthe tip on to wait for the glue to dry. Not sure when scrubfresh is either but same thing dont use water on the nails during the service. No moisture, oil, dust, or debris. :)

Bad wording. Mean that with water and soap i deactivate cuticle away from the nails.
Scrubfresh you use to cleanse and dehydrate the nail

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back