Problems getting new staff hair stylists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forever21

Reaction score
Is anyone else finding it really hard to get new hair stylists? I am in the UK West Sussex area and have been advertising on indeed, job centre, monster jobs, observer paper (2 weeks) etc since end of January. We have had one not turn up for an interview and others never send back their application forms? I would love to know it was not just us and what others do to get new staff nowadays? We need 2 urgently.

Try advertising on gumtree they seem to get a really good reach xx

Is anyone else finding it really hard to get new hair stylists? I am in the UK West Sussex area and have been advertising on indeed, job centre, monster jobs, observer paper (2 weeks) etc since end of January. We have had one not turn up for an interview and others never send back their application forms? I would love to know it was not just us and what others do to get new staff nowadays? We need 2 urgently.

I've been advertising for the whole 4 years I've been open!
I get a few replies which bare no relation to the advert...ie EXPERIENCE, CLIENTELE, QUALIFICATION.....It drives me mad! o_O
It's not the wage, as I always stipulate this is negotiable, depending on what they are able to bring to the table.
Many live miles away, and some aren't even hairdressers! :mad:
My guess is they reply just to satisfy the job centre.
WHERE HAVE ALL THE HAIRDRESSERS GONE?......
My guess is, that as us bosses are only out to pay peanuts and exploit (not true)...:oops:......they all choose to go mobile. :(

I think this is the case there are so many mobile hairdressers now and dare I say it but not all pay tax either. Thank you I have not tried Gumtree I will do this straight away :)

I have been looking for 2 and a half years!! I have had ads on gumtree before and got nothing, but got a call from it a few weeks ago and the stylist is starting next week!!! And how typical, the day after we agreed terms, another one called me… The problem is that because I've been turning people away for so long, that they will be starting from scratch now, so it wouldn't be busy enough for both of them o_O … Its like buses!!!

Latest posts

Back