Problems with Gelish "Do I Look Buff"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanneNicole

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm wondering if any one else has had problems with this colour. I used it for the first time today on a client as she works in the Police and needs a very neutral colour. The other colours from the collection like berry buttoned up go on like a dream and cover beautifully in 2 coats, but this one was a completely mare :sad: I did very thin coats as usual and it went on very steaky and the coverage was terrible, by the third very thin coat it was wrinkling and going very tacky when trying to apply. It took 4 coats to get an even streak free coverage and both thumbs and index fingers needed to be buffed to get rid off wrinkles and then reapplied! I know I'm not the fastest at Gelish, but couldn't believe that it took nearly 2 hours to get her nails looking reasonable. I'm now worried that it won't even last well as I had to do so many coats and touch ups.
I don't know if it is faulty, or just worth persevering with or just sending back. If I do send it back what other neutral colour would you recommend that dosen't fade and is easy to apply with good coverage?
Many thanks,
Jeanne

I did not have the same problems you describe, but my Do I Look Buff faded to a terrible yellowish color within a few days. I think Chickettes has confirmed that DILB is a fader. Gelish Get Color-Fall Color Comparisons So, yes, after all that work getting it on, the color changes! The link to Chickettes shows some other neutral colors you might like

Hi NancySyd,

Many thanks and will have a look at the link.

I've used it on 3 clients and myself so far. No fading on any of us.
I actually like the consistency, I find it easier to work with x

Have u tried stirring it with a cuticle stick. Some on here swear by it!

Thanks guys, will try it again and give it a good stir first x

Latest posts

Back