Promoting new business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VJK

Reaction score
My salon has been open for nearly 7 weeks & although really busy I'm a firm beliver in continuous self promoting i.e leaflet drops, advertising in local papers etc etc...

My best marketing tool so far has been the leaflet drops (door to door) our local paper dosnt really work for me as I dont think its hitting the right market.

Anyway I'm now running out of marketing ideas, therefore I'd really appreciate if you can give me any marketing / promotion ideas that have worked for you.

Another idea I had was to hold a Virgin Vie Make Up Party one evening in the salon have any of you guys ever tried anything like that & did it promote your business well???

Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated :lol: .x.x.x.

* Referal scheme for existing clients to send their friends to you (soemething like - for every 5 people they send your way they could have their next infill free)

* Ask local boutiques to put your flyers/ cards in each carrier bag in exchange for a free treatment for the owner each month

* Keep a birthday list and on a clients birthday send them a card with a voucher inside offering them a free treatment you chose the treatment - make it something they don't already have. as in if they have nail extensions offer them a free pedicure....you'll be suprised how many clients will start having other treatments once they try them!)

* Give each client a few business cards at the end of their treatmetn and ask them to give tem to anyone who comments on their nails etc...

I know the general idea id not to give free or discounted treatments but occassionally i think it can be to your benefit especially if you are targeting existing clients as they will really appreiate the thought.

I hope this helps, i'll put my thinking cap on and see what else i come up with!!!

Thanks for your reply, I like the birthday idea I had thought of that before but never thought of giving them a voucher for a different treatment to what they normally have.

If you do think of anything else let me know .x.x.x.

Anyone else got any ideas????

Hi folks

Some good info there, thanks for that.

I'm new to nails and need some help and advice on how to promote my mobile service. Have used friends and family but things seem to be slowing down so I need fresh ideas on how to generate new contacts.

Cheers

gh:)

Try leaving buisness cards in florists and bridal shops, a fellow geek gave me that idea and it has been so worth while!!!!:) I like the Virgin Vie party, why not think about becoming a "Virgin Vie Angel" and stock some of thier products. There are always Ann Summers parties too.
Good Luck
:lol:

Do you have an A board that you can put anywhere near you (you may already have one) . I have worked in 2 salons who have used them and they have been a god send for new business!!

HTH

Am being thick here, what is a A board?

Thanks, just what I have been looking for, esp. for my car. :hug::)

prominently place a special order board so that they see it as soon as they approach the building or on entry.

those PLASTIC stand-up menus are always good as they are right in your eyes view.

I also have texted a few people to offer a reduced price treatment if I have a gap inbetween clients.

do you advertise that you do gift vouchers?

Ive made some postcards up for christmas, with a christmas theme.

eg Christmas Wrapping - an algae body wrap with holistic facial 80 minutes £30 saving £8

I'm sitting on tenderhooks now as I got a few girls to do a leaflet drop for me yesterday and today. Will be gutted if I don't get one call from it. One call would just about cover the payment for doing it.

Latest posts

Back