Promotional/marketing ideas for small new beauty studio. Your advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KathyXIV

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I need your advice!
I have been working in the beauty industry for over 4 years now but on employment basis (have changed 2 different salons/spas)
I would like to go and start on my own at some point soon, but I wont have any clientele when i leave my job. I am thinking maybe to rent an office space (or any other ideas)
I need all different ideas how to bring people in and where from :))?
How to promote myself in more effective way? (from your experience)
how to make people come on my open day?
Please, any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Yekaterina :)

It's a slow process winning new clients' trust and getting your name out there. I'd recommend integrating offline marketing (print advertising, doing an open day once you are open, invite people to come and have a look around, meet the team, have some amazing promotions to offer and make up some goody bags for those who attend) with an online marketing campaign (creating a website, having a Google My Business listing, local search engine optimization, social media) because people are increasingly inclined to look for businesses that operate near their actual location. So your salon need to become easily found online (one of the main ways you can gain new clients is now through google searches).

When you start out you need to have as many consistent and high-quality online business listings as possible to increase the authority of your salon in Google local search results.

Google also own YouTube, so having a YouTube channel will help with your search rankings. You can upload videos with your work, client testimonials or videos from events that have taken place at your beauty studio.

Also, you need a Google My Business listing with properly set business categories, up-to-date photos, correct business information (name, address, phone number), etc. You can do regular Google posts with links to a website (creating a mobile-friendly website for your salon is also a good idea).

Social media is a must-use marketing platform for building brand awareness and customer engagement.

I hope this helps! Good luck with it xx

Hi Yekaterina :)

It's a slow process winning new clients' trust and getting your name out there. I'd recommend integrating offline marketing (print advertising, doing an open day once you are open, invite people to come and have a look around, meet the team, have some amazing promotions to offer and make up some goody bags for those who attend) with an online marketing campaign (creating a website, having a Google My Business listing, local search engine optimization, social media) because people are increasingly inclined to look for businesses that operate near their actual location. So your salon need to become easily found online (one of the main ways you can gain new clients is now through google searches).

When you start out you need to have as many consistent and high-quality online business listings as possible to increase the authority of your salon in Google local search results.

Google also own YouTube, so having a YouTube channel will help with your search rankings. You can upload videos with your work, client testimonials or videos from events that have taken place at your beauty studio.

Also, you need a Google My Business listing with properly set business categories, up-to-date photos, correct business information (name, address, phone number), etc. You can do regular Google posts with links to a website (creating a mobile-friendly website for your salon is also a good idea).

Social media is a must-use marketing platform for building brand awareness and customer engagement.

I hope this helps! Good luck with it xx

Thankyou Manuela for your reply, I had a look at the link you have sent, very helpful information! :)

Thankyou Manuela for your reply, I had a look at the link you have sent, very helpful information! :)

I'm glad that I could help. If you have any other questions just let me know ;)

delete

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back