PTLLS micro teach help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preenie01

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

I am micro teaching on Monday but having an absolute nightmare!

I am doing it long distance with MKLC and their website is down for maintenance (After taking a day off from my salon and losing £200+) and, due to it being long distance, I can't necessarily interact physically with fellow students.

Can anyone give me any ideas on what to micro teach? The tutor also mentioned to maybe choose another subject other than beauty as there are non-beauty students on the course :(o_O

Thanks guys! xx

Hi, I taught hand and arm massage for my micro teach and actually got them to do it on each other and after sitting through some maths sessions I think they all quite liked doing a bit of hands on learning. Good luck

Are you doing the micro teach long distance?...How does that work then?
How will you be able to 'teach' any practical elements of your subject?

I did 'Hair up' on a block, and got the other students to work with me on practice heads.
It helped demonstrate the different styles of learning.:D

I did hand and arm massage in my micro teach too x

Distance learning for ptlls (or indeed aet as it is now called) is absolutely fine and valid. You are able to jump through all the assessment hoops and there is a goldmine of information for theory online.

Your microteach can be about absolutely anything as long as it is well structured and engages learners and is within the time limit. Look on youtube for inspiration, there's a guy talking about salamanders and it's awesome. If you can talk about anything knowledgeably for the time then use it. I didn't do a beauty based microteach because not all learners would be comfortable doing something this practical and I didn't feel that I could cover much in the time.

Seriously your microteach can be about almost anything so don't be afraid to think outside the box :)

Latest posts

Back