Purple

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee7smith

Reaction score
Hi geeks .. My lady wants a more lasting purple colour over her pre lightened ends .. As crazy colours are only lasting a couple of washes ... I normally use loreal and wella but open to suggestions ...

Goldwell Elumen is really good. It's been a while since I last used it, but I'm sure there is a pre-treat spray for pre-lightened hair so that you can then apply the colour straight over. Fab colours and they last too :)

I have considered elumen but dont really know much about it. hard to find a uk supplier..Do I have to mix it with peroxide or apply on its own .. ?

It's applied straight from the bottle, no mixing. Then once it's developed, rinse off and apply what they call 'lock'. Then finish with the conditioner. I don't know if you can get it in wholesalers, ours comes direct from the goldwell rep. Hope this helps

Elumen colours are great for achieving bright colours that last but once it's in the hair it is very hard to get back out after you have locked it in!

I had a client who got pink and purple slices through the underneath of her previously pre-lightened hair...she came back to have her roots done like 3 months later and the pink and purple were still very much there although slightly faded. If your client tends to change her hair then Elumen may not be best option!

Tell her to use crazy colour mixed with conditioner when she washes her hair it keeps it perfect and no damage

Latest posts

Back