Purple?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairfairy1904

Hair fairy
Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I'm currently mid way through my level 3 and wondering if you can all help me. One of my friends/clients wants to go purple. I'm really up for the challenge and love creating big changes like this. The picture she has shown me; ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395002122.405228.jpg

However, she currently has 55/65 on the underneath section of her hair (below occipital bone) and 6/75 on the section.
I'd rather not prelighten her hair as it is naturally pretty dry and due to bleach highlights in the past it is not in the best condition. Since then she has only had wella colour touch.

The closest colour match I can find is Special Effects in deep purple.

Any suggestions?
Thankyou in advance x

I've had a similar colour, to achieve this really your looking at bases 7/8. Purple always looks darker but to get the vibrancy it needs to be lighter than what you are working with.

I've had a similar colour, to achieve this really your looking at bases 7/8. Purple always looks darker but to get the vibrancy it needs to be lighter than what you are working with.

Thankyou for your reply. She would probably have a colour remover which means I would be able to reach a 7/8 pretty easily.
She is also willing to buy products and treatments for the best after care once the colour is done.

I'm not sure if colour remover work over colour touch very well.

You can colour remove it to get it to 7/8 if the hair has been tinted previously, it should work on a quasi, then you could go straight in with a semi permanent purple. This should hold on an orange base and would give you the colour you want. Its hard to get these blue toned true to purples if you are using wella, even 55/65 is quite red and will go a lot darker if you add mix tone to make it more blue.
Directions plum, crazy colour hot purple etc are all similar to the photo, but I like to mix my own colours up using a purple, pink and blue semi it gives a lot more depth that way and you can add more of the dominant tone depending on what you want.

Color removers work best on permanent, and not too great on quasi.

You also have to be wary about colouring over the top. If the hair was orange and you tried the bluey tone (orange and blue = brown).

You need a red undercoat (red and blue =purple). I use Elumen either PK@all with TQ@all or VV@all and BL@all- I prefer the first as it's more vibrant. Violet tones look darker and the blue isn't that strong.

Thankyou for all your help everyone x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395067631.937684.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395067682.121536.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395067941.159610.jpg

I searched high and low for the perfect purple, used igora 9-998, wella 55/66 & 0/68 , rusk violet, crazy colour, directions .... Everything !!

And the best I found was a brand called 'adore'

The first picture is violet gem mixed with purple rage ( more violet gem than purple rage )

Second is the same except more purple rage as it is more bluey

Third is just violet gem xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395075837.011674.jpg
I saw this on Instagram and saved the screen shot ! Never tried it but it has the formula on it x

Latest posts

Back