Question about conversion courses, as I'm a little confused

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxy_princess

Reaction score
hi there, i was wondering because my nail lecturer confused the hell out of me lol. she told me that after i get my diploma if i want to change the brand of acrylic i use i will have to do a conversion course. but when you do a conversion course doesnt the course usually cover you in acrylic AND gel extensions?

also on my course i wont be learning how to use uv gel polish.... can i take a separate course after i get my NVQ and be liscensed in the uv polish i train with on the course?

she also won't be teaching me how to use an e file, how do i go about wanting to do an e file course? will that be enough for me to be allowed to use on clients safely, or does that need an NVQ too?

finally i was wondering hypothetically, what if i wanted to use light elegance for nail art and bio sculpture for gel extensions and ez flow for acrylic, would i have to take a conversion course for all 3? or can i only use one brand..

You can do a seperate gel course. I did acrylics over 10yrs ago. Im currently studying gel extensions.

As for e-files im guessing u mean electric files? Its suggested that these shouldnt be used on natural nails at all. But as for training in them if u wish to, there are probably courses about.

hi there, i was wondering because my nail lecturer confused the hell out of me lol. she told me that after i get my diploma if i want to change the brand of acrylic i use i will have to do a conversion course. but when you do a conversion course doesnt the course usually cover you in acrylic AND gel extensions?

also on my course i wont be learning how to use uv gel polish.... can i take a separate course after i get my NVQ and be liscensed in the uv polish i train with on the course?

she also won't be teaching me how to use an e file, how do i go about wanting to do an e file course? will that be enough for me to be allowed to use on clients safely, or does that need an NVQ too?

finally i was wondering hypothetically, what if i wanted to use light elegance for nail art and bio sculpture for gel extensions and ez flow for acrylic, would i have to take a conversion course for all 3? or can i only use one brand..

Are you training in liquid &powder & gel or just liquid & powder?
If your course is L&P (acrylic) only then this is what you will be qualified in.
Every brand is different some will only sell to you if you train or do their conversion course which is recommended as brands of L&P systems work differently hence a conversion course so you are taught how to use that particular brands products - which Id recommend as you will get the best results. If you do an acrylic conversion, this will only entail acrylic not gel - gel is separate.

As long as you have your mani & pedi Certs then you can take a separate gel polish course.

You will need separate efile training - normally a one day workshop.

If you wanted to use bio sculpture then you have to train with them otherwise you cannot purchase their products. Light elegance do not insist on a conversion but again they are recommended in any brand.

Hope that helps - ps this is what the UK require I'm not sure of your country x

If your course is L&P (acrylic) only then this is what you will be qualified in.
Every brand is different some will only sell to you if you train or do their conversion course which is recommended as brands of L&P systems work differently hence a conversion course so you are taught how to use that particular brands products - which Id recommend as you will get the best results. If you do an acrylic conversion, this will only entail acrylic not gel - gel is separate.

As long as you have your mani & pedi Certs then you can take a separate gel polish course.

If you wanted to use bio sculpture then you have to train with them otherwise you cannot purchase their products. Light elegance do not insist on a conversion but again they are recommended in any brand.

oh so if i wanted to do Bio Sculpture i would have to do a conversion?

thanks so much
im training in l&p, gel, silk, fibreglass and mani and pedi and nail art. this is what my course covers

thanks for your response!

also im thinking maybe just to make life a bit easier for myself I could use the IBD gel and acrylic system when i qualify, and then take a conversion course for a branded gel polish which i havent made my mind up about yet, and of course im gonna need the electric file course

thanks again!

Latest posts

Back