Quitting my job

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aronne

Reaction score
hi everyone!!

i need your advice! i have been wanting to quit my job and every time i do my boss says I'm not accepting your resignation letter and your making a bad decision.

i want to leave because i hate his work ethics, lying to clients about how amazing their products is, his cutting methods are horrendous, and i to be honest hate the products, if people ask me i tell them pretty straight up i dont like these products, he is only getting them because they are cheap. he is trying to make it so that i want to stay, but everyday i go to work i hate it because every time he is there all he does is moan about how we arent making any money. I know that he doesnt want me to leave because im the only one that can actually do management things, and im the only one that can do extensions. which brings money into the salon.

HELP!!

Just say that's fine you don't have to accept but my last day of work will be **** and I start my new salon ***** maybe finish with its illegal to not accept it?

cool thanks for that :)

cool thanks for that :)
You do not need to give a reason for leaving just your resignation in writing and be prepared to serve a notice period out of decency especially if you have signed a contract with a notice period clause in it. I know you are unhappy with his work practices but in the future you might have a new employer who wishes to get a reference from him so maybe keep him sweet also you can leave knowing that you did the decent thing. Good luck!

You do not need to give a reason for leaving just your resignation in writing and be prepared to serve a notice period out of decency especially if you have signed a contract with a notice period clause in it. I know you are unhappy with his work practices but in the future you might have a new employer who wishes to get a reference from him so maybe keep him sweet also you can leave knowing that you did the decent thing. Good luck!

thanks, i have no contract what so ever so i can basically leave when i want :) i have learned all my skills from a different stylist who used to work there, even she is also looking forward to the day i leave because not being cocky or anything and my friends have told me this too, that is im worth more than what this salon is putting me through, my skills are great and im bringing in 98% of the money into the salon, which i know my boss knows about and i handle all the cashing up procedures so i know how much im bringing in.

I dont understand--so your boss runs you and then tells you you cant leave? You dont have to explain anything to us or your boss. Take authority over your own life. Hope you dont take this wrong but grab your balls and leave for petes sake!

Employers can't refuse your resignation and have to accept it. As long as you work your notice period you're doing nothing wrong.

thanks, i have no contract what so ever so i can basically leave when i want :) i have learned all my skills from a different stylist who used to work there, even she is also looking forward to the day i leave because not being cocky or anything and my friends have told me this too, that is im worth more than what this salon is putting me through, my skills are great and im bringing in 98% of the money into the salon, which i know my boss knows about and i handle all the cashing up procedures so i know how much im bringing in.
I think that you should put it all down to experience and move on now. Staying would only bring you down so bite the bullet, resign then you can get on with enjoying your hairdressing. There are some lovely salons out there that would appreciate you so go for it, I sincerely wish you all the best xx

If there is no contract, or agreement then you are not duty bound to stay although it would be polite and considerate to work a notice period. If you just left, you would also be letting your clients down.

Sounds like he does not want you to leave because you are so good and bring in the money. If his salon is struggling, he knows that your skills will go with you to another salon but this is not your problem. Finish your day, go home and print off or write a letter of resignation (so you have it in writing) and personally hand it to him tomorrow.

As has been said he may state that he does not accept your resignation, but he can't actually stop you from going. Remember to remain pleasant and polite at all times. Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back