Raising prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovelygirl85

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I wonder if you could help me....

I started my business last year and currently offer shellac manicure at £16, and pedicure at £18.
I offer a range of beauty services too.
However I know my shellac is a bit cheaper/budget price and I'm wondering if its fair to bring it up in price to £20 & £22 respectively?

I don't have regular shellac clients as such (ones who come every 2-3 weeks) however I have some that come for occasions, holidays etc.

I'm currently undergoing enhance training so I need to review my price lists to fit this in.

I want to showcase myself as a true CND nail tech. I don't cut any corners. I run a business from home and its working for me at the moment.
Any advice would as always be appreciated!

I dont think its unreasonable to do that at all. Things are getting more exoensive on the whole. I think it is only right prices go up. You have to recoupe your course costs as well. :)

I personally think your prices are low anyway, I do shellac 1 colour for £22 for either nails or toes and then charge more for glitter, art, 3d work etc

No one can run a business with low prices it just won't work, so I think before tu do have a proper client base I'd raise prices.

Also I never understand why people charge more for toes than nails :)

Thanks!
Do you ladies provide a pinkie solar oil in your shellac price?

I always give a free pinkie solar oil to a new client on 1st visit, then they can either buy another or pay a slightly reduced price for a refill.

I would definitely put your prices up. Don't just do it though. Give your clients a bit of warning, so maybe put a notice up now and say that new prices will take effect from 1st august for example.

I charge £22 for Shellac on fingers or toes. That's either one colour or layering. French £25

I charge £25 for Rockstars, I class foils, additives and/or glitters as Rockstars.

Nail art starts from 50p up to £10

I currently give new clients a pinkie solar oil at first appointment with their aftercare sheet.

HTH xx

I remember Wee Fee worded it perfectly during a talk at the Scottish Beauty Show. While doing your lady's nails, say something like, "oh Mrs Johnston, just to let you know I'm going to take a whole £2 more for your nails from next month!". Sounds friendly and gets the information across with confidence, if that makes sense?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yes all makes sense!
I will be sending out an email to stage from 1st August. I'm sort of rebranding my image a bit to CND exclusive and more higher end.
Really want to push the nails!

keep me strong ladies - made a new advert with new prices etc.
Two people have phone and already wanting me to do a deal and saying I'm far too expensive :(

forget what they are saying, you will always get people who try it on and to be honest you dont want these clients!

why should you work for less and earn nothing? you are using premium products xx

forget what they are saying, you will always get people who try it on and to be honest you dont want these clients!

why should you work for less and earn nothing? you are using premium products xx

Thank you! The girl text me and said she got someone to do £20 in total for shellac fingers and toes.
Even when I was charging less - that's far too cheap!!!

Leave her to it. If she's getting them cheap and is happy, so be it. Just keep wowing your less fickle customers x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Just say that is a very good price which I will not be able to compete with

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back