Really need advice about buying products-ASAP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkledb40

Reaction score
Hi all really need advise about buying secondhand products.I have found this lot on eBay some of it is coming up to a year old and some is 2 year old. Just wondered is it worth it? It's costing two hundred and seventy five. I don't have any cnd products and just wondered would it be good to start off with?
imagepng

Tried to add picture, but it wouldn't load. Here is the list.

2 x CND Shellac & Brisa Gel lamps (one old design but still has plenty of life in it.) Newer design only used a couple of times for my own personal use.
CND Brisa Gel Kit
CND liquid & powder kit plus (many more items included)
CND Shellac kit with other colours(15 in total plus 3 top coats and 2 bottom coats) and over 250 remover pads
CND Vinylux kit 10 colours and 2 top coats
A range of files and buffers and many more thrown in.
A range of tools
5 packs of enhancement tips for gel, liquid & powder
3 boxes of sculpting forms for gel, liquid & powder
Liquid and powder sculpting brush
Brisa gel brush
Solar oils, cool blue, scrub fresh, CDs for liquid & powder and Brisa gel enhancements, colour blending wheel and many many more items,

I personally wouldn't, most polishes only have a shelf life of around 18months anyway, you also can't be 100% sure that all of it is genuine.

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi thanks for that, it all looks genuine there's boxes for everything, cnd told me shellac can last up to 3 years though

What's your situation? Are you qualified or training? Have ypu got any products at the moment or are you startimg from scratch?

I wouldn't buy from ebay, there's some really good fakes out there and you can't tell from pictures alone sometimes. I also personally wouldn't want to invest almost £300 and have no guarantees for the lamps either. Do you really need 2? Sweet Squared and Ellisons are the authorised distributors and do some starter kits which are cost effective so definitely worth a look.

You also need to consider whether insurance will cover you purchasing from non authorised 'stockists'. Just a few points to consider :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wouldn't touch any of it, you won't know if it's all genuine and could well end up being a waste of money.

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes am trained, but I have been out of it some time am more interested in the shellac. I thought if I brought it I could just keep the shellac/vinylux and lamp and sell the rest on?

You won't be covered by your insurance if anything happens purchasing from eBay.
I personally wouldn't want to put my clients at risk just to save a few quid.

I wouldn't bother trying to sell the rest on. You could buy 10 new shellac colours and a brand new lamp for the same cost. You'll be guaranteed brand new and covered by lamp warranty and insurance.

I mean this in the nicest way possible: do yourself a favour and value your business and clients and only buy from authorised distributors. Don't try and cut corners on costs, I know things can get expensive as I've been there myself but better to have a few quality products rather than numerous possible counterfeit ones

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back