Reception desk help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephib

Reaction score
I am opening a salon soon and I am looking for an affordable reception desk, can anyone advise the best place to look? Or share what they have?

I would be creative with what you have as a reception desk.

In my opinion, the reception desks you can get specifically for beauty/hair industry are ridiculously priced, and tend to be rubbish quality!

It depends on the style of your salon, but one place I saw near me used wooden apple crates stacked on top of each other a bit haphazardly with a wooden bench top. Looked amazing, even though the salon was quite modern and minimalistic! They had been sanded down and oiled/varnished and looked really effective!

Hope this helps! :)

My first reception desk was designed by the kitchen team in ikea : )
It had a silver kitchen work top on top of cupboards with shelving and no doors to allow me to display products. They also have fabulous chrome legs. Lighting on the front too !

ooh that's a good idea...that's great that Ikea could help you with something like that!! I don't suppose you have a picture?? sounds lovely!

Totally agree that the hair/beauty salon reception desks tend to be overpriced for what they are...and I'm struggling to find one I really like!!

I'll try to find a pic of it. I'm sure I got the idea from a picture in the ikea catalogue. Maybe try looking through it : )

Latest posts

Back