Regis or Toni and Guy salons?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh I do, I've been a stylist for 10 years

All I can suggest is hand in a well written c.v , without wanting to dampen your spirit , generally if a franchisee can find a member of staff that have already vardered and have experience with the company then they are more likely to employ them , this is probably because it is more cost effective and time saving . I'm not saying that is always the case as my salon have employed a few hairdressers who have needed vardering over the years however, generally

It is more likely that vardering is kept within the company and pre existing staff ie apprentices

I have worked for Regis for the last eight years since they bought the company I previously worked for. I work on commission only so I am eager to be busy but I know that they are very hot on targets and want more more more all the time. Luckily the salon I work in rolls along ok with no staff troubles so we don't get bothered by up above very often but over the last few years loads have left. They a nightmare on maintenance. Our ladies toilet was broken for over five weeks till they got someone to fix it. Luckily we have a gents too.

They totally understand. We had several stylists start who worked for diff companies for years and they had to start from the bottom again but now one owns a t&g franchise and the other is one of the most requested stylist in there. They both say how much more they learnt and couldnt believe how they used to cut!
How my salon did it was you did your trade test, few weeks or months doing models and clients and learning the way of cutting. Then they would send you to pre Varder to see what you need to work on and then get a date for your vardering if all is ok :)
I would t know how the technical side works as I'm a stylist but pretty sure it's the same, but think its a lot more intense xx

All I can suggest is hand in a well written c.v , without wanting to dampen your spirit , generally if a franchisee can find a member of staff that have already vardered and have experience with the company then they are more likely to employ them , this is probably because it is more cost effective and time saving . I'm not saying that is always the case as my salon have employed a few hairdressers who have needed vardering over the years however, generally

I agree, it's more "cost affective" for them as its pretty expensive! But when I vardered I wasn't able to leave for a year, technically "paying back my training" so glad I did go with Toni and guy as if I ever wanted to emigrate I could go to another Toni and guy salon in another country and they know how I've been trained :)

This thread has been really helpful, the Toni and Guy salon near me are advertising for staff and I'm not sure whether or not to apply. I've been out of hairdressing for the past year and want to get back into it, so don't know if I've got the necessary skills!

Latest posts

Back