Registering Business Name

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kate08

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I've done a few searches but don't seem to be able to answer my question, hope you can help!

I'm planning on starting mobile PT around my current job, so I will self - employed, however can I still/do I need to register the name I wish to trade under? No-one else in my area has it but i'd hate for someone to use it so want to protect myself against that.

My question really is can I register a business without having to do everything else that goes with it??

Does anyone have any advice, the HMRC website may as well be in a foreign language for all the help its given me!

Thanks Everyone xxxx

as far as i know you can only protect your name if you register as a limited company. which is a lot more money and hassel to set up (and if it came to it.....stop trading) than if you were just a sole trader.

Hello

You still have to register your name with Inland Revenue and they are so helpful. In connection with the name and not wanting anyone else to have this as Queen bee has stated you will have to become limited to do this

Regards

Yvonne

Latest posts

Back