Relaxing My Hair - need advise please! long!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e-beauty

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Hi geeks,

I have really curly hair, that I am growing out due to a bad over layered hair cut, she also really thinned my out using a razor:eek:! My hair was also platinum blonde so was in really bad condition! I have since grown my hair out and just had a few highlights. Hair is in best condition I have had since I was 12 lol

the longest layers are at my collarbone and the shortest are just above my ears!! It’s taken me two years to get the hair to start ticking up so my hair has some weight to the curls, but the short layers still stick straight up in the air when curly:eek::eek::cry: as they tight ringlets!

So as you can imagine I have to straighten my hair, which I limit to once a week unless I am going out. As I want to grow my hair really long

my problem is I am going to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Egypt[/FONT][FONT=&quot] for two weeks, and don’t want to have to straighten my hair every day!! As 1 it’s a pain in the arss and 2 I don’t want fry my ends!!

So is there away round this? if so what are my options? Is there a relaxer I can use, that’s not to kill my hair because of chemicals in it?

I just don’t know what to do:cry::cry: any advice would be great!! I am going on the 18th of next month so got three weeks to sort it out.

Thanks in advance
:hug:
[/FONT]

i wouldnt advise trying to get you hair dead straight first time, im no professional but i have been using a relaxer on my hair for a few years and now its in very bad condition, of course it is possible to relax hair with good results if you are careful, either go to a very experienced hairdresser who relaxes caucasion hair or if your doing it in your own home, be very strict with the instructions (strand test, development times, etc) use a relaxer designed for your hair type and rinse thoroughly. also it is worth buying an expensive deep conditioner for aftercare. even if you dont get your hair dead straight first time, it will make straightening oyu hair easier. it is also important to understand that you will have to straighten your hair every time you wash it because it will never go back to being curly (until the relaxed hair grows out and is cut off) you will also end up with curly roots and straight ends unless you do regrowth treatments. relaxing your hair is very damaging and may cause it to break or split. it may also be frizzy.

you do have other ortions e.g. trying different styles, using products to keep your curls managable and even curby girps to hold down the short layers at the front.

dont take relaxing your hair lightly, it is a big decision.

Latest posts

Back