Removing Shellac from acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hel2810

Reaction score
Hi all, I've got a client who wants her shellac taken off her acrylics and reapplied. I don't work with acrylic so was wondering how I'd do it, any help would be greatly appreciated xx

I don't use shellac but have used gelish on acrylic, I file the gelish off. Not sure what the next steps would be though as I said I'm not familiar with the shellac system x

I would rebalance the acrylic and apply shellac without base,so straight to colours,

Hi all, I've got a client who wants her shellac taken off her acrylics and reapplied. I don't work with acrylic so was wondering how I'd do it, any help would be greatly appreciated xx

Simply buff the Shellac off and re-apply without using base coat x

Yes just file it off...Whatever you do, dont soak it off ;)

Thanks ladies xx

Yep like above buff it off and reapply without basecoat :) xxx

sorry if this is a silly question but why don't you use base coat on acrylics when using shellac?

sorry if this is a silly question but why don't you use base coat on acrylics when using shellac?

Shellac will adhere to artificial product but not to natural nail which is why the base coat is used. The basecoat works in a similar way as the primer with acrylics, without it the shellac would come off very very quickly from the natural nail but not from acrylics! Artificial product will adhere to artificial product, artificial product won't adhere to natural nail without the help of the basecoat :)
Hope that makes sense!! Xx

makes perfect sense thanx ;) x

Latest posts

Back