Rented house & wasps nest?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precious2013

Reaction score
I rent a house and my uncle noticed what looked like a wasps nest in my shed where my coal and boiler is. Is it up to me to get rid of it or the landlord?

It's the end of summer now they will be dying just leave it, it's not in the house

It's the end of summer now they will be dying just leave it, it's not in the house

But I've only noticed the wasps coming out around the house now & ill be lighting the fire soon & don't want attacked when getting coal lol

You can pay the council too come out I think its around £40, I rang this time last year and the wasp man said they will die off in a couple of weeks so I left it and they did. He also said don't buy wasp killer, the best thing is ant powder

You can pay the council too come out I think its around £40, I rang this time last year and the wasp man said they will die off in a couple of weeks so I left it and they did. He also said don't buy wasp killer, the best thing is ant powder

I actually put ant powder down for the ants, where would you put it for the wasps?

I had this about 8 weeks ago, I paid to have the nest removed. I contacted the council who took payment and then sent Rentokil the next day. Hth

I had the same with a rented house, it was in our loft, I contacted the landlord, who asked me to arrange, I paid and he reinbursed me. Guess it depends whats in your contract.

As close to the nest as you can so the wasps carry the powder into the nest and it helps kill off the other wasps in the nest

We had a nest in our roof once, between the ceiling and tiles, left it but still buzzing in November! I was worried they would eat away all the wood so drilled holes and filled with nest killing foam, they may just die off, but i wouldn't risk doing it yourself in case it goes wrong. :eek:

Contacted the landlord & she's going to sort it. Wouldn't go near the thing for the life of me lol

Latest posts

Back