Renting a chair in a salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tintalicious

Reaction score
Hi there i have recently been told that from the start of next month my employer wants to change it to renting a chair and going self employed. I have never done this can anyone help with advise and what to look out for in doing this also what is the average price of chair rental.

I used to pay 40% of anything I made, and a charge for colours that I used, but I came out with a ok wage

Can't help with rent/ rates and chair renting agreement (contract for services), but you do need to obtain your own Public Liability/ Treatment Risk insurance.

There are numerous policies/ offerings available but be careful in choosing the right product with the right claims wording (Claims occurring) - ask for clarification. If it is the inferior 'claims made' basis you will only be insured on the basis of continuous cover with the same provider (no breaks), which means you must be insured by them at the time of the alleged incident and when the claim is registered (unless a discovery period has been enacted by insurer). All too complicated. Seek advice/ guidance from the provider.

Premiums are based on qualifications/ experience and treatments provided subject to a standard statement of fact.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back