Renting a chair, please help.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keldog23

Reaction score
Renting a chair, please help - Today, 04:57 PM
Hi guys,
I'm new to this but hope someone can help me. My employer has given me a choice of staying employed or starting to rent a chair. I am tempted by the self employed choice but I need some advice on what the going rate is, she is wanting to charge £180 a week with rates included. I would have to provide my own stock & get my own insurance. Please can someone tell me if this is excessive or about right. I work in a salon in a small village outside of Leeds. Thanks Kelly.x:confused:

Renting a chair, please help - Today, 04:57 PM
Hi guys,
I'm new to this but hope someone can help me. My employer has given me a choice of staying employed or starting to rent a chair. I am tempted by the self employed choice but I need some advice on what the going rate is, she is wanting to charge £180 a week with rates included. I would have to provide my own stock & get my own insurance. Please can someone tell me if this is excessive or about right. I work in a salon in a small village outside of Leeds. Thanks Kelly.x:confused:

I have worked in a salon where I provided my own stock and insurance and paid either £30 a day or £150 a week.

I am renting chairs out now at £80 a week or 40% of their takings, they provide their own insurance and stock.

look at what you do each week, at how much stock you use etc, insurance isnt that much, and work out if you would be better off.

Try to work out how much you take for your employer each week, and offer not more than 40% of that total. If they are VAT registered then you going s/e will save them a fortune before they even start thinking about NI savings etc

This is really helpful thank you xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back