Renting a room advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flawless Beaut T

Reaction score
Hi, I've been offered a beauty room to rent in Spirit Health Club which is in a Holiday inn. It's £500 per month, do you think this sounds a reasonable price? I currently work from home part time do beauty treatments, I'm not sure what to do, advice needed please??
Thanks x

Hi, I've been offered a beauty room to rent in Spirit Health Club which is in a Holiday inn. It's £500 per month, do you think this sounds a reasonable price? I currently work from home part time do beauty treatments, I'm not sure what to do, advice needed please??
Thanks x

I don't know the specifics of holiday inn or that club but the following may assist you.

How many other therapists work at the same location?
If there are no other therapists, do they plan on letting other rooms to other therapists?
i.e. what kind of exclusivity do you have?
How many active members do they have?
Depending upon your exact offer, what percentage of their active clients are females?
What is the average price of your treatment?
Do you have to stay at the location to get the bookings? i.e. will reception take bookings for you so you don't have to be there all day.
How will they support you in terms of marketing?
Will they allow you to email offers to their existing clients?
How often?
What kind of signage will they allow you to put up?
How close is the nearest competitor?
What is the mimimum length of contract to rent the room?
How are you protected if you are successful?
i.e. sign a contract and get a break at X months so you can walk away without being obligated whilst keeping the right to stay if all is going well.
Is the £500 all in?
Do clients pay you or pay reception?
What the situation regards a card machine? Will reception allow you to use theirs and then you invoice them?

best of luck

I don't know where you are, but that sounds reasonable to me. I'm in the south, but the local Toni and Guy hairdressers wants £500 per month for three days per week - Thursday 10am-8pm and Friday and Saturday 9am-6pm. It's an all-in price, and reception will take bookings for me, but it's a room on the third floor with no lift, and no couch or anything there so have to bring all my own kit too. It's exclusively my room, so empty Monday -Wednesday but still £500 per month!

I don't know the specifics of holiday inn or that club but the following may assist you.

How many other therapists work at the same location?
If there are no other therapists, do they plan on letting other rooms to other therapists?
i.e. what kind of exclusivity do you have?
How many active members do they have?
Depending upon your exact offer, what percentage of their active clients are females?
What is the average price of your treatment?
Do you have to stay at the location to get the bookings? i.e. will reception take bookings for you so you don't have to be there all day.
How will they support you in terms of marketing?
Will they allow you to email offers to their existing clients?
How often?
What kind of signage will they allow you to put up?
How close is the nearest competitor?
What is the mimimum length of contract to rent the room?
How are you protected if you are successful?
i.e. sign a contract and get a break at X months so you can walk away without being obligated whilst keeping the right to stay if all is going well.
Is the £500 all in?
Do clients pay you or pay reception?
What the situation regards a card machine? Will reception allow you to use theirs and then you invoice them?

best of luck
Thank you, there is some very good points which I hadn't even thought of.

I don't know where you are, but that sounds reasonable to me. I'm in the south, but the local Toni and Guy hairdressers wants £500 per month for three days per week - Thursday 10am-8pm and Friday and Saturday 9am-6pm. It's an all-in price, and reception will take bookings for me, but it's a room on the third floor with no lift, and no couch or anything there so have to bring all my own kit too. It's exclusively my room, so empty Monday -Wednesday but still £500 per month!
Thank you, I'm just outside of Oxford, the room all ready has a furniture in.

It depends if you want to grow your business or carry on as you are. Please don't assume that because you're in the gym, clients will come to you. They're usually going somewhere so why would they change? Is it close enough for your existing clientele?

It sounds reasonable to me. I'd be very unhappy for some one else to take the money and/or bookings. I'd use an online booking system and your own phone. You're self employed and should run your business yourself.

Great points above. If they'll allow you to be added to their news/emails etc, you could do a great intro offer x

Thank you, I'm just outside of Oxford, the room all ready has a furniture in.
Then I'd say it's a good price - I'm in Aylesbury so pricing must be similar-ish. Day rent is usually £40 per day thereabouts so anything less than that is a good deal imo

Latest posts

Back