Renting a room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tammye1234

Reaction score
Hi guys,I'm currently working in my home salon but I've just been offered to rent a room in a hairdressers and just wondered if anyone had any advice,the owner has said we can come to some arrangement in terms of rent etc but I'm just unsure of what the average price of renting a room would be and would you recommend this or just stick with my salon at home ? I'm so indecisive and not sure where to start with advertising etc,sorry if this kind of question has been posted before but I can't search as I'm on my phone,any advice would be great-thanks in advance x

Now that you have a home salon I think the rent you will have to pay will make you think twice. I rented in a salon but I'm a lot busier now I'm at my home salon. People seem to like the easy parking, relaxed environment etc. Just think at the mo, whatever you earn is predominantly yours, if you rent you will have to give back a substantial amount.
The rent usually depends on the area, what's included in the agreement and days used.

Thanks for ur reply Hun,at the mo I'm not very busy so was thinking the extra clients would be good but in the same breath the rent etc in which I would have to pay out would be more,starting to think mayb I should stay in my home salon and keep adding extra treatments ie body wraps etc x

Yes the more skills you can add to your belt the better. Good luck. Renting was good for me in the beginning as I had no where else to do it from, now I have a spacious 3 story home with all of the ground floor as hair and beauty and I haven't looked back since! Definitely the better option for me.

Make the most of free advertising where you can I.e friends and clients spreading the word for you (hand them some of your cards) or Facebook pages.
This I find works for me x

Latest posts

Back