Renting a room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swhistler

Reaction score
Hey geeks!

How much experience / qualifications do you need as a therapist to rent a room in a salon?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Id say as much as you can get i once worked for someone who never worked for anybody and just jumped into she was clueless

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok cool thanks I definitely want to get as much experience as I can :)

Sounds like a silly question but when renting a room what sort of questions do you need to ask? What things do I need to take into consideration?

Thanks x

Things you want to take into consideration when renting a room.

Costs. - Rent, electricity, water.
Music license - does the building you rent from have a music license (you may want to play some relaxing music)
How long rent contract is?
Can you advertise within the building?

There is loads to think about. It's hard to pin them all down.
I'm currently renting a room and these were the main things I asked.
I also made a point to put in my 12 month contract that they couldn't review my payment (ie: they can't put my rent up) The last thing you want is to rent a room, and sign a contract agreeing they can review it in a for months time and increase rent.

Good luck. X

Hi
These are some of the questions I asked

What's included in the rent?
Will the room be for your use only?
How is the rent to be paid?

You can also ask for a discount rate for the 1st month or so, not all will say yes but you don't get unless u ask. :)

I looked at 5 rooms before I found the one I was happy with :)
Hope that helps xx

Sparkle on!

Things you want to take into consideration when renting a room.

Costs. - Rent, electricity, water.
Music license - does the building you rent from have a music license (you may want to play some relaxing music)
How long rent contract is?
Can you advertise within the building?

There is loads to think about. It's hard to pin them all down.
I'm currently renting a room and these were the main things I asked.
I also made a point to put in my 12 month contract that they couldn't review my payment (ie: they can't put my rent up) The last thing you want is to rent a room, and sign a contract agreeing they can review it in a for months time and increase rent.

Good luck. X

Brilliant advice :)

Sparkle on!

Thank you I'm currently trying to find a room local to me so I'll keep you updated!

One note about a music licence even if youre in the same building you need one as it will be a seperate business that was one thing i asked them when i got a letter thru the door

Oh ok, thanks for that. So because you're classed as a different business within theirs you need a separate music license? is there anything else I need to look out for or clarify?

Yea i do my own electrical testing my rent covers gas electric water rates etc i found it was a bit blurred lines for fire extinguisher ive got one anyway but still not sure who is responisble by law for fire safety

I jumped straight in to renting a room at 24. Learnt along the way. Have a few clients still from day one but not many. Been nearly 7 years and booked to the eyeballs.
I did a two year nvq2&3 and an Indian head and nail tech short course all as an adult learner first.
Once I was in my room I did product training with dermalogica, fake bake, Jessica, skin base, Lycon, HD brows - not all together though! My last course was HD 18 months ago - always learning! X

Gina ballerina that's really great to here because I'm quite nervous about starting out too, have you got any tips on how you got so busy? Did you choose your training because clients asked for it or you wanted to offer?

Thanks for your feedback :)

S scaldwell thanks I will definitely look into what's offered when I find the right room.

Latest posts

Back