Renting a room???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahd

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Has anyone got any advice on renting a room? iv just become self employed and have not yet got a client base. also how do i go about finding out where to rent room?

would be grateful for any help.

Sarah

does anyone have any advice?????

Hi Sarah, you would probably have to just ask around, perhaps hairdressers etc. maybe your local estate agents might be aware of any, or put an ad in your local paper "wanted, room/space to rent for nail technician/beautician" etc? With regard to building a client base, its just really marketing and advertising that you need to do. When I first started I spent the quiet times registering with free advertising websites. I would sort the room/space first, make sure the rent fits in with your budget (as obviously you're starting out and prob wont earn straight off) and then start advertising. Alot of geeks work from home, could that be an option. Sorry I cant be of more help, hope I have answered a few of your questions anyway. Best of luck xx

hi sam thank you so much for that little bit of advice.
working from home cant be done as im renting privately and its in my contact i cant earn money while in the house. iv done some advertising and i will be ringing all my local hairdressers, sunbed shops ect to see if any have space to rent. did you know anything about renting on a percentage of earnings while building up your client base? also how have you done so far in renting a room is it going well?

sarah x

Hi hun, I dont rent a room, but I rent a salon. I dont know anything about renting on a percentage I'm afraid and obviously at this moment in time, you cant really predict what you will be earning, I would go for a fixed weekly amount then you know where you stand each week. I would definitely try asking for the first month free though to get you on your feet (you can only ask). Its quite beneficial going into a hairdressers I would think because you can try to encourage their clients and leave price lists etc lying about and I think some other geeks suggested doing a mini manicure whilst they are having their hair done etc. I think the main thing starting out is to make sure that your overheads fit in with your personal finances as like I said, it maybe that you dont earn anything yourself for a while and then just do whatever you can to get your name heard. Hope that helps xxx

Latest posts

Back