Renting out a chair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diddlse1

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having a bit of a nightmare trying to rent out a chair in my salon and was looking for some advice.

We're a new salon just opened in Feb 2017 and have one hairdresser station which we agreed we would rent out - but we're having problems trying to get some interest in it.

I have to admit I haven't done much in ways of marketing, except the usual, Gumtree & Facebook, however, not many takers. Is there other places in which I should be advertising?

We're not quite sure how much to charge either - we were thinking around £80 per week to see how things go.

None of us are hairdressers, currently I mainly operate the sunbed side, we have a nail technician and a beautician and make-up artist. We are getting a lot more busier and now turning customers away who want to have their hair done because we don't have one. A few days last week we had several in one day!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated on this as we have never rented out a chair before. Our nail technician and beautician have all been employed or been mobile before and never worked in a salon that has a hairdresser.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back