Resin pedi bowl vs Footsie Bath

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danlj80

Reaction score
hi i currently have a large resin bowl like the ellisons ones that i use for pedicures but im also looking at the footsie bath? I am in the process of offering very luxury treatments and need my pedicures to come up to standard like my other treatments. which would you prefer? also thinking of adding an eye massager and back massager for clients use? what do you think, oh im mobile also so have to think of that. thanks?

I purchased a "Footsie Bath" and I absolutely love it! There are pros and cons but I think in the long run, the pros will far outweigh the cons.
PROS:
-First and foremost, the biggest PRO is the the liners! I too am mobile and my clients cannot see how I clean/sterilize my implements and basin. With the Footsie Bath, they will know that they are the only one to use the liner and that it is clean and unused. I will give them the liner to keep in their home for my next visit and put their single use files, buffers, scrubbers inside of it. I'm usually the one to put it away in their closet and I take it out on my return. They love it!
-The cord is stored inside the unit - pretty cool when the button works. (see cons)
-The basket that holds the liners is pretty convenient to take to the sink to fill and empty. You don't need to take the unit.
-It is very light compared to what I have been using - a Dr. Scholls foot bath from Walmart.
-It looks very sleek and professional. I've never seen anything like it.
-The heat is phenomenal!
-The vibe works great too!
-It's deep!
-It fits in a large rolling suitcase (I use this for my pedi case with my CHI lamp/dryer) or large tote. I can take pictures if you would like more ideas on transporting.

CONS:
-The liners are expensive (100 to a box)....almost as much as the unit itself but reusable (for the same client).
-The cord doesn't always wind up when you push the button. It is not broken, it just doesn't always spring back. I had a vacuum cleaner like that years ago. It just needs a little "help" going in and doesn't give resistance.
-The metal basket... mine is already showing a bit of rust at the joints. It does come in contact with moisture when I place it in the client's sink to fill. I will spray it with a Tremclad rust paint when the weather warms... I think pink! My tub is black.
-The water loses heat very fast in comparison to my old one which was a heavy thick plastic but would be less heat loss than a metal or resin basin. I ask my client to keep their feet flat on the bottom so that they will feel the massage and heat better. When I keep my feet on the bottom of the bath, they stay warm and I don't notice the cooler water. Keep tabs on the temperature though! It can get too hot for contact.
-It looks like a crock pot, roaster or slow cooker complete with the temperature knobs and turkey lifter!- not really a con but kind of cute in a way. I just make light of it and add that the liner can be used a jello mold for dessert later!

That is my review on the "Footsie Bath". Overall, I am very glad that I made this purchase and it is fitting in nicely with my services. If I have not covered something, feel free to ask.

Definitely, the Footsie. I feel it gives a more luxurious soak than a bowl. I have one and love it! :)

Thanks girls yes one of the reasons i was looking at a footsie bath was because heat . vibrations and keeping water warmer. yes i do hate standard foot baths that anyone can purchase. even though i use hot stones at the bottom of my resin bowl and floating flowers i still felt maybe vibration or heat was missing. may have to buy a footsie bath then, although gutted as my resin bowl with extras is only 1 yr old and cost me £140 gutted xx

I really recommend the footsie! Although I love that you use stones and flowers.....I think people sort of expect the vibration/bubbles and the footsie is definitely the most hygienic way to provide this I feel. It does hold heat very well with the temperature turned right up, but when clients feet are in contact the temperature needs to be lowered as it can be very hot. I would purchase the footsie again in retrospect.

Latest posts

Back