retailing products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clare_bear

Reaction score
hi geeks!

just wondered what everbody thinks about retailing products? what do you guys sell a lot of? which range works for you? I don't particularly like Tigi so am looking for something like that which is cheap to buy in, but also reasonably priced to sell on. but most importantly does what it says on the tin. lol

xxx

I think you have to retail the products you love, and aare happy with. I have Redken and Pureology on the hair side.

To be good at retailing, you must have products you believe in, and they will sell themselves.
The whole point is to get our clients away from cheap crap, and use things that actually benefit and protect the investment of their professionally maintained locks!
Dont look for cheap, look for something that blows you away. Ask suppliers for samples, tell them you are brining in new lines, and they will let you try almost everything for free.
I sell Kenra, AG, KMS and Matrix, with Redken on the way. The size of your clientele will dictate how many different lines you may want, but you should aim to have between 12-20% of your takings to be retail.

I am not a tigi fan, or Paul Mitchell, and I dont believe in gimmicky products like diamond or gold filled S-factor products.
Play with as many products as you can, and bring them on board as you can afford them.

*** also, I was always told not to do this....but i do.....I carry all aspects of shampoo and conditioners from Matrix, but none of their styling products. Why? I can sell them to clients and lead them to believe i think theyre great when they arent!!!!:green:

Honesty will get you everywhere.

Latest posts

Back