Reviews on salon appointment management software

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I am currently looking to update the salons appointment system and make it all technology based to get rid of appointment books.

What system do you use and why?

Looking for some advice, thank you xx

If you are looking for reviews maybe look at http://www.capterra.com/salon-software/

When looking at software you basically have two choices

a) Web based. Advantages are easier to use from more locations or at home, easy to manage (no backups etc), better security, frequent updates that you don't need to install.

b) Desktop. Advantages are works when you have no or poor internet connection, potentially more features as software companies have been around longer.

Craig

I use Ovatu it's a cloud based software system that literally does it all! It can be used on iPhones, iPad & desktop/laptop and synced between your devices. I've been using it for about a year now and it's never failed me X

I love timely. It has everything our business needs it to do. From email reminders to stock management. It's great and it's reasonably priced too. Xx

We use salon iris and have done for about 18 months, it's great, I love the reports feature for growing your business too. You can buy it outright for a reasonable price or subscribe to a monthly fee with extra features like text msg reminders to clients and online bookings [emoji5]️

I use i-salon and have done for almost 4 years, love it! It makes my life so much easier, appointment booking, commission, stock taking, online bookings, SMS service, client data, reports and so much more, it's so easy!
I looked at i-salon and salon genius, salon genius had barley changed from when I'd used it nearly 10 years prior and I didn't like it at all. I got the reps to come out to me and give me a demo. I found the training with i-salon was great too and the ongoing support is fab.

I am currently looking to update the salons appointment system and make it all technology based to get rid of appointment books.

What system do you use and why?

Looking for some advice, thank you xx

Hi Megan

There are so many out there you need to decide first if you want a software that can be used only in your salon or one that you can have access 24/7 ( cloud based). Some of the better known older companies claim to be cloud based but when you dig deep they might only have 2/3 features that you can use 24/7.

If you fancy a 30 free trial of Hive just pm me and I can help you out. In the end of the day it's what your preference is but at least with a free trial you can try it out properly.

Regards

Kim

Another vote for Get Timely, I trialled loads of different ones before I made the jump and so pleased I stuck with Timely. There are many reasons why I love it and why it suits my business. Best is to try a few out, you can usually get a month free with most of them. I had an idea beforehand of the features id need and went from there.

I use Kitomba.

I went solely on price as I had never used appointment software before.
They are really supportive and take notice of customer recommendations.
It's cloud based so I can use it on the house computer, kindle at work and iPhone when out and about.
All my clients who have used online booking have said its really easy.
You can do several reports, although I don't really.

My only gripes are that I can't see how frequent no shows or cancellations are.
And that the sales rep said he would come and see me, then realised how far away he actually was, and hasn't made the journey to me. Not that I need to see him. But I'm sure I could be utilising the software better than I already am.

Latest posts

Back