Room rental fee advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcuts

Reaction score
Part Time vs Full Time

Someone came to view my new small room today at the front of the salon (Sussex):?::?::?: and asked about starting the rental part time which I am open to but looking at charges, wanted some advice

I had advertised it as £250 per month full time so I was thinking of a part time charge (more hassle more people more paperwork) at £18 per day?

Ideally, the plan would be for each girl to start at 2 days per week then that leaves 2 day spare for whomever wishes to extend their hours?

I was going to do it on a sliding scale that the more days they rent the cheaper each day becomes?

Or £18 first day, £15 second day £12 third day or am I going too cheap? It still brings in more than the original £250 for a full timer.

How do you guys work yours out?

TIA and belated happy new year!

I would think a flat rate is easier and why give them a discount, it seems cheap to start with.

Have you got two people interested?

It's difficult because I would say that Fri and Sat are better days so should these be more? Will they be offering the same services? Who provides the stock? Cleaning issues? Booking each others clients? Sorry to sound negative.

I would give it to one person at a reduced rate to begin with and then ask for the full price. £250 per month sounds reasonable.

I rent out 2 rooms on a daily basis and charge £25 per day. They are not empty!

I think you could make it very confusing for yourself - are they both beauty? In which case, who has which clients? There may be a grey area. Would you have to give a prospective new client different phone numbers for different days etc?

My rooms are let to a counsellor, a chiropodist, a remedial masseuse and a Reiki practitioner, so no confusion, no antagonism, just all completely different.

One of them has 2 days a week and I do no discount. They do all take a little bit of managing and tweaking, but generally we all work well together!

If one wanted a whole week, I would do it for £100.

My charges include absolutely everything - couch, towels, washing, tea, coffee etc etc.

Hope that helps a bit,

Vic x

Where is sussed are you? im in sussex too and thats VERY reasonably priced. i pay £25 per day

Thanks Guys

I have suggested the following (no clashing services to be offered in the room giving each 'sharer' the chance to progress & take another day)

'Long' Days 10 - 8pm £22 (£2.20 per hour)
'Normal' Days 10 - 6pm £18 (£2.25 per hour)
'Short' Day 10 - 4pm £15 (£2.50 per hour)

It's a fairly small room, big enough for a osteo / chiro bed couch, waiting bench / chairs & ad hoc trolley / furniture so certainly not tiny.

I don't think she will find cheaper anywhere for the amount of hours a day we offer her to practice within?

Our main room with our in-house beauty therapist (bigger room & more private) is only let out at £400 / month with us taking her appointments for her (acting as receptionist) whereas this room would be self-managed via their own mobile phone so yes I think I am quite reasonable with my rent?

We are in Horsham, West Sussex if anyone else is interested!

I rent out 2 rooms on a daily basis and charge £25 per day. They are not empty!

I think you could make it very confusing for yourself - are they both beauty? In which case, who has which clients? There may be a grey area. Would you have to give a prospective new client different phone numbers for different days etc?

My rooms are let to a counsellor, a chiropodist, a remedial masseuse and a Reiki practitioner, so no confusion, no antagonism, just all completely different.

One of them has 2 days a week and I do no discount. They do all take a little bit of managing and tweaking, but generally we all work well together!

If one wanted a whole week, I would do it for £100.

My charges include absolutely everything - couch, towels, washing, tea, coffee etc etc.

Hope that helps a bit,

Vic x

Sorry to butt in !!! I'm trying to room rent aswell atm, with yours vic do you supply all furniture? I've decided I think it's best to supply it? As many want part time. I have a good manicure table in there, with chairs, a few storage displays and thinking of getting a couch, would they all take all the products ect with them each day they come in or have separate areas to which they can leave it all ? thank you x

I charge £25 a day for my larger room and £20 a day for smaller room unfurnished apart from a hand basin in each room

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I charge £25 a day for my larger room and £20 a day for smaller room unfurnished apart from a hand basin in each room

Have you got full time people in? x

Have you got full time people in? x

One full time in larger room and part time in smaller room

One full time in larger room and part time in smaller room

Is the part time shared or just one person using it?

I have two rooms.
Everyone who has been in to look want part time, and I don't no whether to furnish it as they all seem put off with it unfurnished :-/ x

Is the part time shared or just one person using it?

I have two rooms.
Everyone who has been in to look want part time, and I don't no whether to furnish it as they all seem put off with it unfurnished :-/ x

No just one person using it as it's all her furniture, so can't share let it

No just one person using it as it's all her furniture, so can't share let it

Ahh ok thankyou! It's so tough!! x

Latest posts

Back