Rough layer after removing Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loopy loo

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks !

I wanted some advice as i don't know where I'm going wrong . So when I have removed my clients shellac with nourishing remover and wraps and also taken off shellac with orange Woodstick , there always seems to be a really bad lumpy sticky residue ?? I always apply more remover to a lint pad and wipe and also try to buff the nail plate aswell but it won't go . Also just when I think I have made it disappear a bit I apply scrub fresh after I have done the cuticle work (pep) and there is still a rough layer ? Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I'm going wrong ? My steps are as follows ; nourishing remover -10 minutes / remove with orange Woodstick / wipe again with lint free pad and remover / buff to try and make it smooth / apply cuticle away and pep work / apply scrub fresh / apply base coat / apply shellac . Any suggestions would be appreciated please ?!

What you're describing is base coat which hasn't been fully removed. Keep your application of it as thin as possible and you should no longer have this problem. Try applying the base to 5 nails. Wipe the brush so there's no product left on it then drag it back over the nails so it removes excess base coat then cure.

Don't buff! A Shellac removal should not require buffing. As pure said, it sounds like the residue of base coat. Tthe problem is likely in the application. Wipe your brush on the inside of the bottle neck until it is almost dry and then "scrub" or push the base coat into the nail. You should not be able to feel any line of demarcation at the eponychium. When doing the removal, make sure the pad is saturated throughout the soak - it may require squirting in additional remover halfway through - and that the pad is firm and completely in contact with the nail. If it does not come off completely, re-wrap.

I too had this problem and as NancySyd advised me at the time my base coat was too thick. I followed her advice of literally scrubbing it on and I no longer have any problems with bits remaining after removal.

Would the brisa lite base coat be the same? X

It would as it too needs to be applied nice and thin.
thanks! i thought i had done it thin enough but after removing them i had this so i guess i didnt! x

Latest posts

Back