Rule of 11, Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soozgribb

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed many times. Ive been trying to find old posts but haven't had any luck. Can someone remind me of the 'rule of 11' when using mixtones please? :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Whatever base you are using it needs to add up to 11
So if your using a 6 you need 5cm mix tone
Base 5 you need 6cm mixtone
Base 4 7cm mixtone etc.

With the 12 series it's different but without looking at colour chart I'm not sure

X

This applies to 30g of tint

Does this rule also apply to colour touch and double bases in colour touch and koleston please?

So is there a 'rule' as such for the amount of mixtone used for pre pigmenting? I know that you dilute 5cm and above with 60mls warm water.

Wella told me 5 to 15 mls of mixtone to every 60 mls of pastel apply and leave for 15 mins... Blot away excess with a towel then add colour

Wella told me 5 to 15 mls of mixtone to every 60 mls of pastel apply and leave for 15 mins... Blot away excess with a towel then add colour

Strange... I was told warm water.

I keep seeing people say warm water too :/ but as I got told by wella that's what I did ..

I keep seeing people say warm water too :/ but as I got told by wella that's what I did ..

Yeah thats why I thought it was strange.... it was wella that gave me that info. It must work both ways just as well.

Hmmm I think ill ring them later to double check if it works both ways

Does this work with colour touch,I was told you add more than the 11 when using the 0/34 mixtone but wanted to double check on here

If you email wella they will send you a fact sheet out with the amounts of mix tone and water to use when pre pigging. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393337681.871494.jpg

Hopefully this will work

Also... I'd to ask if you measure in grams then how are you able to measure in cm. that bit is almost guess work isn't it?

Also... I'd to ask if you measure in grams then how are you able to measure in cm. that bit is almost guess work isn't it?

The wella tint bowls I use have a 6cm ruler printed to the bottom of it, so when you squeeze your tint out in a line you can measure against it.

Ah brill thanks. I need to use my eyes more!

Ah it's cos I used colour touch I remember now with 1.9 %

If you email wella they will send you a fact sheet out with the amounts of mix tone and water to use when pre pigging. View attachment 57440

Hopefully this will work

Hey what email do you use to contact Wella? They never reply to me so annoying..thanks in advance

I phone the number on the back of the shade chart.

If I'm using 30g 88/0 I use 3cm /33 but I'm also using 30g 99/0 so do I add another 2cm /33?my client likes the 9/03 look but not as light so that's why I do half of each base?advice please x

Latest posts

Back