salon advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winky

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been renting a table in a hair salon for about 3 years now and i've decided it's time to open my own place. I plan to do just nails for now, with some basic retail. I need some advice on how much of my expected gross income should go towards rent. I ask because i'm divided between opening a salon on a small side street which will have lower rent but less visibilty or opening in a new mall which has very high rent but great visibility. I live in a town where people have just started to get their nails done in the last couple of years, and mainly in hair salons. I still hear of people wanting to get their nails done but don't know where they can go for this service. Having a place in a mall would be a great way of getting lots of customers and being well known, but i'm afraid of working all month just to cover expenses without having any income for myself. On the other hand, if i decide on less visible place i am almost certain that i can cover the costs counting only on the customers i already have but i won't get as many new clients as i'd like because i will have to rely on word of mouth. What do you think the best option might be?

Latest posts

Back