Salon Experience

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma-Louise

Reaction score
Hi All

I am looking to gain some salon experience to compliment a nail course that I am doing does anyone know of any nail salons in liverpool city centre that will take me on. I know that there are no liverpool geeks on this site but maybe some of you could help with some ideas on how to gain experience.

Thanks
Emma

Hi Emma, Why not contact the salons with your cv and a covering letter stating your intentions and why you would be an assett to the salon - NOT the usual, I am a team player but can work without supervision etc etc, but what YOU can bring to the salon.

I have had quite a few CVs posted to the salon recently. What would impress me most is if it were personalised to me, not just addressed to the salon owner, it only takes a quick call to find out my name. I have to confess that I am too busy (or lazy lol) to reply to them, but I do hold them on file. But what would really make the difference is if the people phoned me a week later to introduce themselves. Just a little extra effort could make the difference from me "creating" a job, even if it was just a Saturday one, to you just being added to the pile of cv's that are ignored.
Hope this helps a little.

Thanks for your reply, it is really helpful to know what salons are looking for and what makes the difference.

Thanks again
Emma

Latest posts

Back