Help from colourists with experience with block heads/Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzycolour

Reaction score
I have a Wella blockhead challenge coming up for my final exam and I don't have a lot of experience with blockheads, so I'd like to know if the grey hair on them is more resistant to regular hair. I know they don't take on colour as easily as if you were working with a real-life client and Wella has certain rules/formulas to adhere to for resistant white hair so if needed I will follow those however if the hair isn't resistant then it could end up too dense/heavy. Some of the marks for the exam are based on carrying out as few steps as possible so I don't want to get it wrong first time around and have to recolour. If anyone has experience with this type of hair and could let me know, I would really appreciate it!

I have a Wella blockhead challenge coming up for my final exam and I don't have a lot of experience with blockheads, so I'd like to know if the grey hair on them is more resistant to regular hair. I know they don't take on colour as easily as if you were working with a real-life client and Wella has certain rules/formulas to adhere to for resistant white hair so if needed I will follow those however if the hair isn't resistant then it could end up too dense/heavy. Some of the marks for the exam are based on carrying out as few steps as possible so I don't want to get it wrong first time around and have to recolour. If anyone has experience with this type of hair and could let me know, I would really appreciate it!
Are you looking for a particular shade? Kolesten perfect double bases offer maximum coverage. E.g 77/0 or 55/0 etc. And as you say they do give a denser result of the hair isn't white resistant. If there are only a few white hairs then you can just use whatever your target shade is. If you want maximum coverage but without a denser result, use the double bases but go up a shade. So for example if the base is a 6 and you just want to cover white on a level 6. You could use 77/0 with 4% .
I'd also apply to the white hair first, and makes sure it's completely saturated. The alternative is to use half 66/0 + half 77/0 + 6%.

Traditionally wella recommended 6% for best white coverage. But over the last couple of years they introduced 4% to the equation.
If you want a different tone as well as covering white , let me know and I will explain in more depth if needed how to formulate whilst still using the double bases.

thank you for the advice but my question was more about would the block training heads require this. is the hair more resistant to colour compared to a living, breathing person. the hair is real but quality is shocking. i hope this makes a bit more sense

Latest posts

Back