Salon room at home in purpose built flat!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Bliss

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just wondered if any of you could help me at all, would be sooooo grateful!

Basically I am a qualified beauty therapist and spray tanner. I have decided that after being mobile I want to use our spare room as a beauty room and have clients come to me (I work full time in an office so do beauty evenings and weekends). Our spare room is big enough to be a beauty room and is ideal for my couch, beauty cabinet, trolley etc....

We live in a two bed purpose built flat on the first floor and I wondered if anyone else was in the same situation. I am registered as a sole-trader and so therefore my tax etc is sorted and obviously I have insurance but I believe that I will have to speak to the council and maybe some other people, can anyone help me with this or tell me if they are in the same situ and whether it is possible?

Thanks so much in advance.

xx

Hi,
Im not in the same situation but a colleague I used to work with now works from home. She has a first floor flat, (apartment as some people like to call them!), its beautiful. Shes converted their second bedroom, I go for treatments when I can. Theres parking right outside, they buzz her so she knows they are coming and its just one flight of stairs. No different than if they were going to a home based house salon for treatments.

The only draw back is not being able to advertise outside so no passing trade but there are lots of other ways.

Thank you so much for your reply! I was starting to feel unloved ;-)

I have plenty of clients and half of them have said they would prefer to come to me, do you know how she went about permission from the council etc, that is exactly what our place is like and the same situ!

Thanks again

x

Latest posts

Back