Sanitising/sterilising?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've just been to look at a salon and I'm renting a room from next week! It's my first room so I'm a bit confused as to how to make sure everything's clean. I know I need to sterelise my metal tools (cuticle nippers, tweezers etc) but do I wash them first? Then do I leave them in the solution and just get them out when I need them or put them in for a certain amount of time then take them out and put them away for a client? I do nails and beauty and I'm using mundo :) x

Yes, with any chemical solution you wash your tools in hot soapy water beforehand, then put into to your solution. I don't know which one of the two Mundo solutions you are using, so read the back of the bottle for recommended soaking time, and then remove. You don't want to leave the tools in indefinitely. All instructions for use can be found on your Mundo bottle or on their website x

Thank you :) mine says minimum 20 mins and max 4 hours. Say if I had 2 clients one after the other for nails, how would I sanitize between them? I wouldn't have time to leave them in for 20 mins would I have to buy 2 of everything? X

If Ul use ur tools at start of treatment they'd be sanitized by time u start ur next person if u sanitized them immediately after use x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

If Ul use ur tools at start of treatment they'd be sanitized by time u start ur next person if u sanitized them immediately after use x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app
I never thought of that lol I was thinking I'd put them in at the end of the treatment but of course I won't, thanks x

Could this be used??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-13-20-01-39.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-13-20-01-39.png
    276.7 KB · Views: 81
Could this be used??
I have got that and I use it on my files but wasn't sure about using it on metal tools? X

Mundo File & Abrasive Spray is designed for use on files, abrasives and buffers.

There is no substitute for total immersion in disinfectant solution so we would recommend using either Mundo Power Plus or Mundo Rapid Instrument & Tool Disinfectant for your tools.

Both of these high level disinfectant products have effective bactericidal and virucidal action in only 5 minutes. Remember to wash your tools before immersion though. If you don't have easy access to clean running water, you could always use Mundo Hard Surface Disinfectant Wipes to remove any 'debris' from your tools before immersion.

I have just received the small mundo jar and power plus. However the amount it says to use will no way fit into the little jar! What do I need to do?

The SMALL Mundo Disinfection Jar has a capacity of 100ml.
Mundo Power Plus needs diluting at a ratio of 50ml per 1 litre.
Therefore you need to add 5ml (approx 1 teaspoon) of Mundo Power Plus to your small jar of clean water.

The LARGE Mundo Disinfection Jar has a capacity of 270ml.
So you need to add 13.75ml (approx 3 teaspoons).

Latest posts

Back