Scalp conditions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickie@Nailmania-Limited

Goldie Hawn Geek
Reaction score
Hi

I have just started level 2 Ladies hairdressing. can anyone help me with this .. Scalp conditions and contra-indications which affect the scalp massage service. I am trying to find the answer to scalp psoriasis, high blood pressure/low blood pressure. I have spent days trawling the internet but cant find what I am looking for. I have resisted asking but am now at a point where I need to find some answers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated or at least links to websites that will help.

thanks lovely people

You might find it helpful to buy the textbook recommended for your course. Or subscribe to the student section of Myhairdressers.com. Check Habia.org for book recommendations.

If you're not sure how best to undertake any research for your course, you should initially ask your tutor for advice and/or also visit your college library. For level 2, you don't need vast quantities of detail but best consult your tutor as to what they expect in terms of breadth and depth for a particular topic.

Also, your college library should have a reference only copy available of the main textbooks to read in the library. You can use them to find out the basic information and then use google type searches for additional data.

Also, did you try cutting and pasting your actual query/sentence into google?

Hi Thanks for your reply. We dont seem to have a recommended book but I have bought Martin green and Lee Pallardino level 2 hairdressing but I am still waiting for it to be delivered.

I have used google but it didn't really help and I ended up getting frustrated and decided to ask on this forum .. I have been a member here for 10 years and always find the members so helpful.

so thanks very much xx

That's a great book.

After looking at various books at college, I bought their level 3 book instead as it seemed to cover more of less the same units but in more detail.

When's the deadline?

That's a great book.

After looking at various books at college, I bought their level 3 book instead as it seemed to cover more of less the same units but in more detail.

When's the deadline?

The deadline is 15th october. So I have a week or so .. So I will get the Martin Green/Lee Pallardino Level 3 book too as I will be doing that course next year too xx Thanks for that tip AcidPerm

I remember that these conditions were rather vaguely handled in my old Milady textbook. Our teachers told us that psoriasis needed a doctor's permission. And blood pressure was allowable as long as it was under control with medication. But with all conditions, there are nuances and levels. Have you asked your teacher about this? Or were you supposed to find the answer and report back?

I always refer to a physician and wait for approval. Skin cancer is not that rare, unfortunately, and I have referred clients with it to their dermatologists. I think that we hairstylists are the first line when it comes to many skin and scalp conditions. Of course, I always make it clear that I can not diagnose anything and that the person needs to see her/his doctor.

Good luck with your class!

Latest posts

Back