Scissor recommendations please, geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jinnyjinbob

Reaction score
Hi all,
I completed my NVQ 3 earlier this year and iv now got a job jn a salon. I want to upgrade my scissors as I'm still using the 5" ones that the came with my college training kit. I'm thinking of going for 5.5" blades as I've been told these will make my cuts quicker and easier. Just wondered what you use and your recommendations on size and make? I dont mind spending a little more for a good quality pair that will last me years as I see it as an investment.
Thanks in advance,

X

Jowell all the way for me.

And size depends on your preference, I think with your thumb in the hole your middle finger should reach scissor point and that's the size you need

Osaka super ergo- I have two pairs and the thinners. I love them :)

If you want scissors that are different and classy try washi or kamisori. Beautiful designs. Hate plain silver scissors but cant stand the cheap patterened ones!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Personally I always go for Jaguar! They stay sharp for ages and are perfect for slicing and tight haircuts x

Jowell great scissors find jaguar too heavy 👏

If you want scissors that are different and classy try washi or kamisori. Beautiful designs. Hate plain silver scissors but cant stand the cheap patterened ones!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree, Washi and Kamisori all the way!

Personally I always go for Jaguar! They stay sharp for ages and are perfect for slicing and tight haircuts x

I love my Jaguar scissors, Come in different ranges, Ive currently got the satin finish ones and they feel great to cut with, really sharp and precise.

Dont buy online though, go somewhere that you can hold the scissors and get a feel for them as everyone has their own preference. I really dont like jowells for example as dont feel there is enough weight in them but my sister who is also a hairdresser would never use anything but jowells!

Thanks guys, I'm thinking of getting a feel when I go down to the wholesalers later. Is it just a case of knowing what feels right for you? I'll keep an eye out for the brands you have recommended. I just didn't want to spend hundreds on something I could get equally as good for less. Also I don't want to buy too cheap as I want good quality.

Latest posts

Back