Shameful, hairdressing training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathair

Reaction score
Hi

I am sorry to say that I can actually see how this country is getting like it is.

The tutors I have are bad. They just don't care, their attitude is terrible and they bully the students. I have been waiting for over 11 weeks for my homework to be marked. It is like a mafia where I go to college and I am not the only one to say it. They purposely don't help you until you complain and then they just get out of helping you all over again. I cant physically write down how bad it is because it would take forever. I got a job in a salon a few days ago. Someone who works there that also goes to college told two of my tutors. The tutors enjoyed asking me, had I got anything to announce. I said no because I didn't want to upset the other student in the group that didn't get the job.

Its just totally put me off going into a salon as the tutors say that they are like the way they are so we learn how hairdressers think!

I have just had enough and decided that I don't want to be a hairdresser.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE......Do not think all hairdressers are mean!
I've worked in many salons over the years.....with different personalities.
I've only encountered 2 evils! :p
I'd like to think, the folk that join this industry, by and large, LIKE PEOPLE.........
Good luck in your new job. :D

Kathair, please please don't give up!!!
I worked as a hairdressing tutor for a training provider until recently (couldn't commit full time due to kiddies so had to leave). These so called tutors should not treat students in this way. They have a safeguarding and equality & diversity obligation to their students and what they are dong is wrong! Have you thought about doing an apprenticeship with a local training provider instead of going to college? Please look into it and see if it'll suit you better. Have you thought about talking to your employer about how college is affecting you? He/she may be able to help & support you.
C'mon girl...stay strong and speak up for what you believe is wrong! The hairdressing industry really isn't how you feel it is...25 years later and I don't regret a thing xxx

Lol, I went to a hairdressing academy that sounds exactly like the place you're studying at with an immature tutor who had completely the wrong attitude towards students.

Luckily, it didn't put me off and I subsequently found a place in a local college where the tutors were great. They were very supportive and my level 3 tutor in particular was fantastic in helping fast track me through the programme (my husband was receiving chemo and I couldn't afford to waste any more time).

If it's what you want to do, why allow some numpty the satisfaction of sabotaging your dreams?

Im not a hair dresser but a beautician that rented a room in a hair salon & just wanted to give my experience.

The girls (hair dressers, trainees & apprentice) that I met & worked with were some of the nicest, most genuine girls Ive ever met, and even after leaving the salon are still great friends. Please dont let the tutors put you off of a career!

I second speaking to your employer to see if they can help you where you think your training is lacking. Please dont give up! Xx

This happened to me in a salon I was training at when I was 17, I stayed untill I couldn't stand it any longer. The owners of the salon were Vile people and it reflected onto the staff who worked there, it wasn't a nice environment to be in

I left and have always regretted leaving the industry before I qualified, it was the right thing for me to get out of that salon but I wished I'd of moved to another salon

Don't let this experience put you off, change the college that your at if you can but stick with it, don't let them get you down, you've obviously done well because the salon offered you the job instead of the others who applied

Latest posts

Back