Shampoo recommendations?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerrylou14

Reaction score
Hi I am very new to all this hair malarkey many of my clients ask which shampoo they should use except professional products can anyone help me with this ? Kerry

Hi I am very new to all this hair malarkey many of my clients ask which shampoo they should use except professional products can anyone help me with this ? Kerry
It is against the site rules to recommend OTC products. This isn't something that you should be aiming to do, this could stop potential sales for you and also open a whole different can of worms when you experience difficulties / adverse effects when chemically processing the hair and it comes down to the non professional shampoo you recommended to your client....
Don't get caught up in it... When my clients ask I start with recommendations from the professional ranges that we use.. Then if this doesn't fit the clients budget we will discuss OTC products, but I make it very clear that I am not trained in these products and can only assume that they might help with the clients hair, more importantly I highlight which products to avoid. If you'd like me to share my list with you I can send it to you in pm :)

Last edited:
It is against the site rules to recommend OTC products. This isn't something that you should be aiming to do, this could stop potentiol sales for you and also open a whole different can of worms when you experience difficulties /adverts effects when chemically processing the hair and it comes down to the non professional shampoo you recommended to your client....
Don't get caught up in it... When my clients ask I start with recommendations from the professional ranges that we use.. Then if this doesn't fit the clients budget we will discuss OTC products, but I make it very clear that I am not trained in these products and can only assume that they might help with the clients hair, more importantly I highlight which products to avoid. If you'd like me to share my list with you I can send it to you in pm :)

Oh yes please Thankyou for your advice this helps a lot x

I never go down the aisles that have hair products in supermarkets etc so I really have no clue what is out there but whenever clients ask I always recommend professional products - I change up my shampoo and what I personally use at home often, always from professional ranges so I think it’s good to give my feedback on them too - we don’t sell products in salon but I will often buy in for clients, or send clients links for specific products at the cheapest I can find them which I think they quiet like it shows your not trying to make them part with money your genuinely trying to steer them to good products that suit their hair/needs [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back