Shellac chipping off L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodie077

Reaction score
Hi all. I had my last day of CND l&p training on Saturday and I did an overlay on my mums nails. Yesterday I put shellac on them (first chance I had since sat) today they have started chipping off the free edge. Any ideas why? My l&p enhancements with shellac have been on almost 2 weeks with no problems! Thanks x

Did you buff the enhancements with a white block buffer? If so it leaves the enhancement too smooth so I skip this step and apply shellac x

Did you buff the enhancements with a white block buffer? If so it leaves the enhancement too smooth so I skip this step and apply shellac x
hi no i didnt when finish filing i finishef witb the cnd boomerang padded file i was told to do that if applying shellac on top x

hi no i didnt when finish filing i finishef witb the cnd boomerang padded file i was told to do that if applying shellac on top x

I'm not sure what could be causing this apart from maybe checking to make sure your applying it very thinly at the free edge, do you think your mum has been slightly "heavy handed" or not been following aftercare? X

Did you use scrub fresh before applying shellac? Is it possible your mum had just applied hand cream or been using something greasy just before you applied it?

Did you use scrub fresh before applying shellac? Is it possible your mum had just applied hand cream or been using something greasy just before you applied it?
oh no i didnt i didnt think of that! that would explain why mine are ok coz i shellaced mine at the same time as doing the l&p! thanks blossom! xx

I'm not sure what could be causing this apart from maybe checking to make sure your applying it very thinly at the free edge, do you think your mum has been slightly "heavy handed" or not been following aftercare? X
i think ive worked it out! thanks for your help! i will ask her about aftercare i no she hasnt been wearing gloves to wash up so that wont help! i also gave her a solar oil weather shes beem remembering to use it i dont no! xx

Latest posts

Back