Shellac glitter tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly_

Reaction score
I want to do the tip of the nail in glitter with a really clean smile line, then the rest of the nail full colour, I've been playing on pops tonight and have got it but it seems quite bulky at the free edge which I don't want on clients as I know this would annoy me and I presume would make it more likely to chip...how do all of you geeks achieve this effect?

Currently I'm 2 x coating nail with colour, top coat, d sperse, cream puff, cure, apply glitter, 1 x clearly pink just to tip, cure, top coat, cure, d sperse. Seems like I've over complicated the process :s any ideas?

Holly xx

I do base, cure
Colour, cure x 2
Wipe dispersion layer off
Paint on tip with similar colour to glitter, correct smile line with clean gel brush, slightly damp with d'sperse
Cure
I then dip into glitter n tap off excess, n clean off any stragglers with dry brush
Top coat
(X2 if needed)
Hth

That would make much more sense 😊 thank you.. Do you not still get bits of glitter in the dispersion layer even when it's wiped? Or bits of glitter in top coat? Xx

Why does it sound so obvious when someone tells you! Oh my, I've been trying to do this too.
I guess if you've already taken the sticky layer off the whole nail it will only have the tip to stick to.
Ta da!

A tip I picked up n fml I can't remember where, cudve been holly, apologies if not..... I use clearly pink to kinda cap the tip with glitter, then I topcoat as normal, any glitter goes in the clearly pink :) but always good to have a spare topcoat for glitter :)

I'm doing it tonight! Excited!
I'll post a pic x

Caroline
Nail Vibe x

Knucks did you manage to do it? Would love to see a pic 😊 xx

No I didn't get chance but I will post a pic ASAP for you. Did you do it?

Caroline
Nail Vibe x

I am NOT posting a pic of my attempt. It was a disaster.
So, firstly, as I suspected, removing the tacky layer off the second colour coat ruins the colour.
Secondly, I painted the tips on (excellent idea by the way) and dipped in the glitter.
The whole nail was covered! But I thought no worries, it's got nothing to stick to so went about brushing off the excess.
Well you know what glitters like, it gets everywhere.
Anyway I went to top coat and got glitter all up the nail from the top coat brush!
Literally a total disaster, lucky I was only practicing on my bestie!
However, here is a pic of a tutti Frutti/tinsel toast combo I did earlier. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1375911013.480641.jpg

Caroline
Nail Vibe x

Can you not mix some glitter into a clear one to make a glitter paste and then just paint your smile line on? That's how I do mine but I do use calgel so I'm not to sure about shellac x x x

Can you not mix some glitter into a clear one to make a glitter paste and then just paint your smile line on? That's how I do mine but I do use calgel so I'm not to sure about shellac x x x

This is how I do mine

Yes as above I use gelish I do base 2x colour then mix glitter with a bit of a pale colour into paste paint on like a French cure then top coat easy

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Vida salon

Are these smile lines clean enough? I did base coat and one layer of M&R. Then, using an eyeshadow sponge brush, I tapped the fine colored glitter onto the tips, and then did a layer of clearly pink to 'keep' the tips in place. Then I did the 'neon yellow' glitter up to the tips and finished with top coat. I did get glitter particles on the brushes; I just wipe the brush off on a lint-free pad before putting the brush back in the bottle.
Hth.
attachment.php

I would do it like your doing just a colour set and top off with top coat wipe dispersion layer then I would paint a smile line onto the nail with the colour that's closest to the glitter n cure then I would carefully pick up some glitter with a dry brush n brush it onto my smile line. I then have a top cost I use just for glitters n I would just top coat ur smile line n tip n cure that way the glitter isn't going to go on the rest of nail when u top coat all of the nail to finish!! Hth x x

I do my color coats, very thin layer of clear and then add the glitter with a fluffy brush to the tip and with a pointed gel brush I clean the smile line. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376007663.893528.jpg

Latest posts

Back