Shellac melting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooke_09

Reaction score
So this week has been hideous! But today I did shellac fingers and toes on one client. We did toes first perfect then fingers base coat, 1st colour coat fine but the 2nd was absolutely awful! It had like melted? Is the only way I can describe it! So I had to take it off. What could be the cause of this? I did wonder if it was because my lamps seen better days and maybe it had just got too hot? Any advice, ideas would be greatly appreciated xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

No sorry I literally took it straight off :/

Did it maybe bubble from being too thick. I know its happened to me before.

Maybe that could be it! I don't think it was too thick but I will try applying it thinner next time x

Are you using a CND lamp?

What colour was it?
Is it the CND lamp?

Did you check your bulbs in your lamp?

The colour is called fedora its like a black/brown colour. No its not a CND lamp x

Did you check your bulbs in your lamp?

I did wonder if this was the problem my lamps a few months old but stays hot for a while after use. I asked the client if it was hot at all and she didn't think so ...

It seems that the application was to thick. Fedora is a colour who needs to apply very, very thin. Better very, very, very thin!!!

I remember my first application with Fedora, it was a desaster. At this time, four years ago, I was new in this sector. It was one of my first colours and I thought I was to stupid to apply UV-polish.

The colour is called fedora its like a black/brown colour. No its not a CND lamp x

It seems that the application was to thick. Fedora is a colour who needs to apply very, very thin. Better very, very, very thin!!!.
Painting thinly is a very valid point especially with a colour like Fedora, it's one of the most difficult to get the correct consistency.

However, using the CORRECT lamp would possibly have sorted this issue, a basic UV lamp won't cure correctly and can cause many issues, bubbling being one of them.

Ah ok thank you so much for that! This was my third time applying shellac but I had never used this colour before. Thank you for your advice I will definitely keep it in mind for future applications

I have the correct lamp but still find issues with some colours more than others if applied too thickly. Those are: fedora, black pool, cream puff, sun bleached yellow, cake pop, others will probably know of others.

Make sure you do your first coat THIN almost see through

I had this when I was using a cheaper lamp..the thick colours would bubble as I don't think my lamp could set them properly! Bought the new cnd led lamp and I've never had any problems! Xx

Fedora is a pain the the a** for wrinkling. If you apply too thinly its streaky & too thick it wrinkles like a prune! I've been using shellac years & I still try to veer clients towards another color. It's really the only one I find has this problem.

Latest posts

Back