Shellac red coral

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enchanting Beauty

Reaction score
hiya!
I have a client who likes a coral shade of shellac but more red coral than orange coral.
I have tropix & lobster roll but can't really tell by pictures on sweet squared if there are any other colours that would be suitable so any help please would be great, or any layering tips to make a reddy coral
Thanks!

Yes Tropix and lobster roll are best. Sparks fly over either works well too.
The new July range coming out apparently has some orangey reds in it but haven't seen any swatches yet

Ah that's good thanks. Unfortunately tropix & lobster roll are still too orangey for her so not much to choose from!

What about desert poppy?? I've had my eye on that one, i usually search them on Instagram
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1464864442.041425.jpg

Tropix + grapefruit sparkle or beau?

I was looking at desert poppy too tinkerbell, looks lovely.
Maybe time to have a play with a colours!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1464886125.948671.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1464886140.903841.jpg

Salmon run and desert poppy swatches

They're both lovely colours, however desert poppy still looks as if it would be too orangey. My client likes the brightness of the orange corals but prefers them to be more red coral. I think she even classes lobster roll too orangey!

Hmmm. .. Tricky customer .....
I think you may have to make up some samples of an orangey colour layered with a red on top and just see if anything hits the mark!

Has the client shown you a photo of what she wants by any chance? Doooo share....!!

It does look lovely think that's going to be my next purchase. I like salmon run too I have have that one!

Nope, just a coral colour but a bit more reddy lol
Will have a play around with colours tomorrow & if I get any good ones will post them!

I had a client this week that said she wanted a reddish orange colour...she ended up having wildfire and loved it! Try her with that x

I did electric orange with lobster roll over the top!! Was a real winner!! Try it[emoji3]

What if you do 1 coat wildfire and 1 coat lobster roll? I think that should make it look redder? I understand her saying lobster roll is too orange, I feel the same way! I swear that sometimes it just looks orange! I think different skin colors bring out different tones in the polish.

Thanks for the tips ladies!!

Infact I'm not a lobster roll fan!!! Find in very thin! However says it's an opaque colour!! Not my fav [emoji16]

Hot chillis!? X

Hmmm...I tried lobster roll over wildfire using vinylux but I had to do 2 coats of lobster roll because it looked patchy. Because of that it still looks kind of orangey. I will update though if I find that in daylight it seems redder.

ETA: So now that its daylight I do think that it looks redder and less orange. Maybe its just my imagination though lol I will compare using just lobster roll next week when I take my polish off

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back