Shopping basket in new tanning website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkknailss

www.luxetanning.co.uk #Princess
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I am going to make a new website, as I feel my current one (Juicy Beauty, Mobile Spray Tans In South London) is basic but if I had SEO, meta tags etc I could be found a lot easier and have more new customers

I wanted to add the feature of being able to book and pay online for their tans, do geeks think this is a good idea? Or would it be a feature no one uses?

Very interested in the replies!

I would sugget you need to ensure you have systems to prevent double bookings? And could use paypal buttons to accept payments?

Try speaking to jack straw about web design, and ian about there online booking.

Im sure they can help.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

Hi guys!

I am going to make a new website, as I feel my current one (Juicy Beauty, Mobile Spray Tans In South London) is basic but if I had SEO, meta tags etc I could be found a lot easier and have more new customers

Not necessarily, just meta tags and SEO do not bring you more customers, Metatags help Search Engines identify what the site is about, but that is about it, due to many black hat tricks a few years ago then search engines ignore a majority of them, The most importent is your Description meta tag and charset, but if you left Descirption blank then google would automatically fill it in for you on the SERP's (Search Engine Results Page)...But I wouldnt recommend leaving it blank.

Google takes no interest in the "Keywords Meta tag" but Bing does...only to check for spamming, not for results.

SEO is as it says on the tin "Search Engine Optimisation", so you optimise each page for your selected Keywords, in other words when I put "mobile Spray Tanning" in google if you have a well optimised page then google will put 2+2 together and realise your page is relevant to the searcher and rank you accordingly.
Google uses over 400 differnet checks 200 of which are to see if the site is relevant, and nobody apart from google know all of them.
You have to understand that google is not the bestest of friends with SEO companies etc so they keep bringing out updates which are penguin and panda

Penguin=Punishes websites that have been manufactured to rank well, ie farmed backlinks.

Panda=Rewards Content that is of quality, naturally written and unique/original

So go and chase Chi Chi when putting your site together

I wanted to add the feature of being able to book and pay online for their tans, do geeks think this is a good idea? Or would it be a feature no one uses?

If you wanted something building from scratch by a developer then it would cost a small fortune, there are scripts out there that cater for it but if you are building the site yourself and not very techie then the chances are you will struggle, like SSUK says you would need to make sure you dont double book and a knowledge of php sql and js would be needed.
People will use it if you can get the traffic and make them use it. :D

Hope this helps

And Sean STOP calling me Jack Straw, I am not a politician.:lick::lick::lick:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back