Should I be worried?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinknfluffy

Reaction score
Ok, so an established salon from my local town has decided to up and move...to just down the road from me!! They obviously saw the same gap as I did in my little village & surrounding area! I only started out mobile quite recently, and as yet only have two regular customers, but I havent even advertised properly yet, so i'm pretty pleased!
The salon offer a lot of the same treatments i do, but they are a BEAUTY salon, where as I only offer a few beauty treatments to compliment my massage/holistic (where my real love & passion lies).
I am extremely confident in my massage & holistic skills / treatments, not so in the beauty, but im still very newly trained in that area. My friend who works for a salon (luckily in a different town) has told me that I might as well give up now!
Should i be worried? Surely salon clientelle and mobile are different?
If anyone has any specefic experience of running a mobile so close to a salon, I would really appreciate some honest feedback :confused:

I don't think you should be worried at all hun! There is room for everyone in this industry and so many people these days love a mobile therapist to come to their home just as much as going to a salon! You sound very confident in the services you provide and that alone will shine through and make clients believe in you, they will then enjoy your treatments and turn into loyal returning customers. You have nothing to lose but so much to gain. You go for it I say. Where I am, we're all practically sat on top of one another in salons and mobile, and everyone has business. You just have to stand out from the rest. Good luck x

When I started mobile this never entered my head, and if it had I probably wouldn't have started. I'm in a small village, there are 8 salons! Go to the next village and with theirs too there are 17. I went for it and it worked well. Some people don't like salon environments, feel uncomfortable, can't actually get
Out of the house, work the same hours as salon opening hours or literally just prefer to have their service on recommendation basis.

Don't be put down. Be the best you can be, even if you worked from a cardboard box you will find clients who want your skill over someone else xoxo

"even if you worked from a cardboard box you will find clients who want your skill over someone else xoxo"

Love this saying!! I used to do mobile, covered most of the West Midlands, from Wolverhampton to Birmingham and well if you google how many salons and mobile business I would be in competition with I'm sure it would be in the hundreds! But advertise and do what your best at, improve anywhere you need too, and then you will succeed! Don't worry about the salon, some people prefer mobile, some prefer salons, you will have a customer base to gain either way x ... Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back